SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-08-08, 01:58 PM   #1
Corf

Default places to go in brecon

hey guys,

finally took the misses on the bike over weekend, just a short trip round cowbridge. she loved it (too much perhaps as think i will never get a rid eon my own again). anyhoo, we are going to go up to brecon on weekend up on the a470 from cardiff and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of roads, places to eat and stuff.

cheers
Old 05-08-08, 02:15 PM   #2
hovis

Default Re: places to go in brecon

brecon to llandovery to buith wells then back to abergavenny bus station

about 130 miles,
Old 05-08-08, 02:28 PM   #3
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
brecon to llandovery to buith wells then back to abergavenny bus station

about 130 miles,
Yes, that's a good route.
Old 05-08-08, 02:44 PM   #4
Corf

cheers for that. abergavenny bus station? is it simply on the road (a40 from brecon town i think) to abergavenny?
Old 05-08-08, 04:29 PM   #5
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corf View Post
cheers for that. abergavenny bus station? is it simply on the road (a40 from brecon town i think) to abergavenny?
If you go out when it's sunny, just follow another bike through abergavenny, chances are it will call in there. When the weather is good there can be literally hundreds of bikes in there.
Old 05-08-08, 04:56 PM   #6
timwilky
Mega Poster

I can honestly say that I had the worst curry of my life a few years ago in Brecon.

On the way out, I congratulated the manager on the unique Poppapoms as I had never before tested stale ones.

The hotel was truely a delight, the front onto a square was covered in scaffolding. Consequently they had nailed our bedroom widows shut, In july. the heat was over powering despite the rain.

The daughters room was on the top floor. When she went to open the curtains they were dripping wet. Did I mention rain, well the roof was missing a roof.

The bar was fun, especially the idiot who decided to flash the daughter through the window. He thought she was laughing at what he was doing. No she was laughing because he had not seen the policemen standing behind him whilst he waved his willy.

In short Brecon was not a place I would hurry back to