SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-12-18, 11:21 AM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Block connector terminals/inserts

The large white block connector in the left hand side of the front fairing on my curvy has been playing up. The power feed to the speedo, tacho, and fuel light was iffy and when I checked it the female terminal had rotted. I made up a short bypass cable for it and all was well again - until I tried the headlights and discovered that the dip beam was now playing up. Gently juggling the block connector made it come on and go out.

I'm going to make up another bypass cable for it temporarily but what I actually want to do is find a pack of the correct size of terminal inserts. Not had much luck so far in my search so does anyone else have a supplier of these things to which they can point me please?
Cheers.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 12:54 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Block connector terminals/inserts

gives a pic of the connector as i may have the terminals you require...
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 08:00 PM   #3
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Thanks chaps but I've sorted it now. The terminal for the dip beam was clean enough, it just needed popping out and squeezing up a bit as it was loose on the male/spade half of the connector.
I also managed to by a dozen compatible connectors at my local car spares place in Welshpool. They're a different design but the essential dimensions and fit look to be the same.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 10:54 PM   #4
Bibio
Mega Poster

make sure that the locking tab on the terminals is the same.. been there done that.. lol
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote