SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bodywork Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 07-11-04, 04:16 PM   #1
Rune

Default Pyramid Plastics fender extender

Just bought and fitted one. I glued it on, using "Super Plastix" from Loctite, rather than drilling holes in my fender. Having ridden about 100 km it seems to hold up nicely.

I havn't been riding in the rain yet, so I can't vouch for it's ability to keep rain of the motor yet.

It isn't exactly beautyful but it looks as close to stock as a black bit of plastic can.
Old 10-11-04, 10:27 AM   #2
Ceri JC

I've fitted one to mine, fitted with screws and the sticky tabs rather than glue. Took longer to do than anticipated (don't mods always? ) and I took the existing fender off to do it (I didn't like the idea of a drill that close to my tyres!), but it looks very neat. I was umming and arring about painting the screw heads that are showing black to match the fender, but decided not to, it looks fine as it is. I've done about 500 miles since, you still get some crud on the front of the engine/exhaust, but it's not as bad as before.
Old 15-03-05, 02:08 PM   #3
SVeeedy Gonzales

Yeah, drilling so close to the tyres felt a bit odd, but you don't need much pressure to get through the plastic, at least so long as you use a battery drill and not a mains powered one.
The screws looked a bit messy at first, but I can't say I've noticed them there since I put it on. Holds up nicely in all weathers.
Old 30-06-05, 08:06 AM   #4
Rune

I've had it on for around 5000 km's, no problems at all. The glue holds up nicely.
Old 05-07-05, 10:46 AM   #5
Rockin' Rob

hmmm...i had one.

found out during a bit of a storm yesterday that i dont anymore.. it was just glued on by the last owner but i think the replacement will have screws!

RoB