SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 01-09-08, 06:27 PM   #1
Apollo32_2000

Default tail tidy sv650 curvy

has anyone got a drawing for a curvy tail tidy... i have access to laser cutting equipment and thought that if someone had a dimensioned drawing i could make some up in stainless and sell them to you lot...lol

obviously anyone with a cad drawing or hand drawing would get a slice of the cake

already got a nice gsxr 600 k6 tail tidy made up if of intrest to anyone.. can send pictures if required. £30 deleivered made from 3mm stainless
Old 02-09-08, 09:16 AM   #2
Dappa D

Default Re: tail tidy sv650 curvy

Right, open up paint... its in programs, accessories...

Then once open select File -> open and paste in this address...

Quote:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/junej.h...eliminator.jpg
It will pull down the image and open it, now if you then select -> file -> print preview you should find it looks right.

Use the full address not the shortened version above... click it and copy it out of the address if you need to.

do I get a free one now??....

nah seriously ill be making one shortly...although laser cutting sounds good.....

Dappa D

P.S...credit to Grinch for originally helping me with this....

Last edited by Dappa D; 02-09-08 at 09:18 AM. Reason: credit
Old 02-09-08, 12:21 PM   #3
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Id be interested in a slice of metal that fit the the exact dimensions for a curvy
Let me know when you got em done.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 06:08 PM   #4
Apollo32_2000

I'm sure i could send you one for free... will let you know how i get on...
Old 02-09-08, 06:20 PM   #5
Apollo32_2000

i know this is real cheeky....don't suppose you got the drawing for the licience plate holder/indicator bracket aswell....

looks real smart on those pictures....
Old 03-09-08, 08:27 AM   #6
Dappa D

not sure about that one mate, most people making thier own tail tidy would buy a rsend number plate baracket and mini indi's...dont think there is anything about for people to make there own...i may be wrong tho....

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo.a...&affId=1506797

good luck let us see the end result!!
Old 03-09-08, 09:29 AM   #7
Apollo32_2000

They look easy enough to make up....

Just of out interest what would people be willing to pay for the complete package..i.e tail tidy + number plate/indicator hanging bracket... would be able to make in stainless and or aluminum...

Just trying to gauge interest and possible prices.
Old 03-09-08, 09:44 AM   #8
Dappa D

depends how good a job u do.......

think u would be better askin this question in the talk and issues section probably get a better response.....

to be fair its probably not something ur gonna sell hundreds of straight away...
however people buying sv's all the time and id say a lot of them look at this as one of thier first mods as its makes a big difference to the look of the bike....

also ebay would be a good place to sell also.....

if u wanna make one (not the bracket i have an rsend one ready to be fitted) and send it too me id fit it straight away and u could use my bike to advertise it!!! just a thought...saves me messing around cutting and filing my own!!!

the thing is the metal can be bought for a fiver....a few metal blades and the template i gave u and thats about the only cost (plus £15-£20 bracket) so to do urself would cost about £20 - £25, so if u could sell the lot (the template part and the bracket) for about £35 - £45 id say ud get some takers....im guessing it would cost next to nothing for you to make anyway....
Old 04-09-08, 09:48 AM   #9
Apollo32_2000

Have made them for gsxr 600 k6 in the past and think they look good, attached pictures show the gsxr tail tidy just to give you a look at the quality of the item.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020347.jpg (121.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1020350.jpg (124.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-09-08, 10:23 AM   #10
Dappa D

looks good....id say theyd fly out mate....

u get new people joining quite often askin about them...and if you/me replied to there questions saying they could have it at whatever cost u decide i think over time ud sell quite a few...go round all the forums advertising them etc....id do it fella if i were u....im still trying to get my free one...got untill the weekend after next b4 i go buy some metal cutting blades and get jiggy with some ally......