SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-05-18, 01:58 PM   #5811
ophic
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
This is a regular gripe of mine, customers who don't pay on time. You don't go and do your shopping at Tesco* and expect It to be ok to "pay in a couple of days"

* other supermarkets are available
Yeah I've seen this tendency also. Mainly because, I think, that many large suppliers don't expect it and therefore charge the interest it'll cost them upfront included in their fees. Some places have even been surprised when I say "I'll pay it now". It means I should have negotiated harder
Old 31-05-18, 08:10 PM   #5812
yokohama

My gripe today - Ridiculous pricing!
Not having a printer and needing to print out a postage label, I went into a local copy shop where the guy said, 'Yes.' when I asked if he could print out a 1 page B&W copy from a memory stick.

He did it, and then asked for £2.10. I told him this was a bit steep and wished he'd told me beforehand. 'It's the cost of running a business.' he said. 'You pay for me, the machine, the ink, the paper...'
I wasn't going to pay his price and suggested 25 or 30p was more reasonable. His response was to shred the very valuable A4 sheet he'd just printed.
Transaction terminated and a business I won't be using ever again.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 11:04 AM   #5813
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
On our BBC local news program last night was a feature on "Spice Zombies" in Lincoln and Hull. Spice (apparently) is an artificial strong version of cannabis but the users go beyond stoned and enter into a zombie like state. Shoppers take a dim view of this and are complaining.

The police say they cannot do anything until a crime has been committed. Hmm, so it's ok to wait for speeding motorists to commit an offence but not ok to station a policeman in the city centre and wait for a user to... well, use? If you were drunk and disorderly because of alcohol they'd chuck you in the cells overnight, why can't they do something similar?
No profit in catching drug users, motorists are obviously much more dangerous and obviously much more lucrative LOL

Paople who use drugs are already zombies, they just revert to normal state when they take them.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 02:21 PM   #5814
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
No profit in catching drug users, motorists are obviously much more dangerous and obviously much more lucrative LOL
yup. petrol prices are at £1.36ltr up here, thats 20p rise in 6 weeks while oil prices have gone up very little.

strange how the price of everything is getting higher and higher even though production costs are dripping. just wait till we have import duties from Europe... yey for brexit.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 03:50 PM   #5815
Heorot

Unlucky Bibs. I filled up my car a couple of days ago in Norwich & paid £1.229 a litre. But you are right about the rising costs. My last 4 car fillups were £1.149, £1.157, £1.167 and £1.229. March, April and two in May.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver

Last edited by Heorot; 01-06-18 at 03:55 PM.
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 12:27 PM   #5816
maviczap
Mega Poster

Why is it when you book a time slot for a person to call do they never turn up during that slot?

Booked for my old car to be picked up this morning between 8 and 12, I'm still waiting.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-18, 01:45 PM   #5817
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Why is it when you book a time slot for a person to call do they never turn up during that slot?

Booked for my old car to be picked up this morning between 8 and 12, I'm still waiting.
Don't get me started on this one. I have been waiting for Autoglass to replace the front screen on Lady Poppy's Focus... First appointment was, wait for it, nine days away. Seriously???? They never showed up.

Me: where are you?
AG: we're out of stock
Me: how can you be out of stock for one of the most popular cars in the country?
AG: we've been busy
Me: when will it be back in stock
AG: should be within the next two weeks
Me: WHAT!?!? Let's get another appointment in the book then so I'm not at the back of the queue when it does come in then
AG: we can't do that until we can allocate stock to a job
Me: so probably another week and a half wait then when it does come in stock?
AG: yes

Somehow I did not swear at them copiously at this point.

It's been two weeks and no call. Good job in a way that I'm between contracts as this would be losing me so much money by now being self employed. Tried other glass companies but none of them can help as Admiral have locked in Autoglass as their only supplier it seems if you want to claim via your policy. As my screen is heated and has the traffic sign/lane departure cameras fitted it is not a simple one so I'd be looking at hundreds for a non-insurance replacement.

The wait and having a car off the road for so long is driving me (no pun intended) mad!
Old 04-06-18, 04:09 PM   #5818
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
As my screen is heated and has the traffic sign/lane departure cameras fitted it is not a simple one so I'd be looking at hundreds for a non-insurance replacement.
Those Ford heated screens are notorious for cracking. A colleague of mine had several go on his Mondeo in just a few years driving.

Best get a stock in Sir Trev?

I've had my Zafira nearly 15 years, barely a chip, hard as nails
Old 04-06-18, 04:10 PM   #5819
maviczap
Mega Poster

Another gripe for today. Communication, or lack of, from all sides.
Old 04-06-18, 04:17 PM   #5820
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Don't get me started on this one. I have been waiting for Autoglass to replace the front screen on Lady Poppy's Focus... First appointment was, wait for it, nine days away. Seriously???? They never showed up.

Me: where are you?
AG: we're out of stock
Me: how can you be out of stock for one of the most popular cars in the country?
AG: we've been busy
Me: when will it be back in stock
AG: should be within the next two weeks
Me: WHAT!?!? Let's get another appointment in the book then so I'm not at the back of the queue when it does come in then
AG: we can't do that until we can allocate stock to a job
Me: so probably another week and a half wait then when it does come in stock?
AG: yes

Somehow I did not swear at them copiously at this point.

It's been two weeks and no call. Good job in a way that I'm between contracts as this would be losing me so much money by now being self employed. Tried other glass companies but none of them can help as Admiral have locked in Autoglass as their only supplier it seems if you want to claim via your policy. As my screen is heated and has the traffic sign/lane departure cameras fitted it is not a simple one so I'd be looking at hundreds for a non-insurance replacement.

The wait and having a car off the road for so long is driving me (no pun intended) mad!
seems to me they hoisted themselves by their own rear there. They must have given the screen they allocated to you when you booked to someone else? Out of order. Time to call Admiral and insist this is not an acceptable level of service and they should foot the bill from another supplier. I'll be interested to know the outcome of this, I've just insured with Admiral and have a heated windscreen with various sensors in it on the Karoq.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote