SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 22-10-09, 07:47 PM   #1
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Plans for next year...

I was talking with The White Rabbit on the way back yesterday. We were talking about various camping weekends and rideouts etc...

So... with that in mind, has anybody anything / anywhere they' like to next year. I notice that Rich & Caz have been nattering about Porlock. Thats somewhere I'd like to go back to. I enjoyed that weekend, great roads and I thought a great venue. I liked the campsite even if they were a bit keen on the speed limit

I think something spring time ish might be nice then with the AR in August, maybe that leaves room for something June / July. Then maybe something August Bank Holiday again and then maybe a season closer such as the Welsh TT again.

I'm keen to do the GM3 next year so I'd like to avoid any date clash with that...

Try and space them out a little, so that leaves time to save up money / budget etc etc.

So chuck your ideas out there and lets see what we can come up with...

Edit - Provided by Pingu65 next years calender is roughly shaping up like this :

Isle of Man - April
?????? - May
GM3 - Scotland - June
?????? - July
AR10 - Wales - 6th August
Porlock - England - August Bank Holiday
Welsh TT - Wales - Sept

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition

Last edited by fizzwheel; 22-10-09 at 09:29 PM.
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-09, 08:09 PM   #2
Rich
Mega Poster

Default Re: Plans for next year...

I'm happy to do the Porlock weekend/route again, perhaps stop off somewhere better for lunch next time though, as great as Hovis' attraction was I agreed with Quiff that somewhere near the beach or a country pub would have been better.

I thought the campsite was good, and i'd be happy to use it again. Although I felt as if we weren't wanted there, Gaz was staying in the other campsite and the owner was more than happy to have bikers there. I could visit both again closer to the time to see if their views on bikers have changed. Perhaps we'll be welcomed back you never know.
Old 22-10-09, 08:20 PM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I thought the campsite was good, and i'd be happy to use it again. Although I felt as if we weren't wanted there, Gaz was staying in the other campsite and the owner was more than happy to have bikers there. I could visit both again closer to the time to see if their views on bikers have changed. Perhaps we'll be welcomed back you never know.
I emailed them when we got back and said thanks for having us, we really enjoyed it and that I hoped we hadnt been a nuisance. I got a very positive reply and was told that we were welcome back any time at all.

I guess it wouldnt hurt to take a look at the other campsite though...

Old 22-10-09, 08:20 PM   #4
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

I'm game for weekends away, even longer trips if we can get adequately organised in time...

Porlock was nice, I quite liked the site too even with skeletor high-fiveing us every time we rode through...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-09, 08:35 PM   #5
thefallenangel

open up with another severn circuit rideout as Mog's organised this year?
Old 22-10-09, 09:18 PM   #6
Pingu65

Fizz

Can we create a mini calendar / post that will include the BIG events so we can easily see the spaces it leaves our group.

I was thinking the following are in pipeline

Isle of Man - April
?????? - May
GM3 - Scotland - June
?????? - July
AR10 - Wales - 6th August
Porlock - England - August Bank Holiday
Welsh TT - Wales - Sept

Just a thought to chuck about - I'm not saying don't organise other things but with all things the more the merrier
Old 22-10-09, 09:28 PM   #7
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu65 View Post
Can we create a mini calendar / post that will include the BIG events so we can easily see the spaces it leaves our group.
Aye we can but you've just done it

I'll add that to my first post in this thread and then we can use this for chucking ideas about and then sort out something more concrete once we know what we might be doing...

Old 22-10-09, 09:40 PM   #8
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I think my priorities next year are the AR and GM3. If peeps cant make those but want to sort an alternative out on the same weekend or during the same month as those fall, then go for it.

Old 22-10-09, 11:10 PM   #9
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

I know the 'Invasion of the Valleys' route if it helps

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-09, 08:54 AM   #10
Bris-Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallenangel View Post
open up with another severn circuit rideout as Mog's organised this year?

+1 Was a great ride to start the year off with

After talking to fizz at the welsh TT im dead keen to try and make the GM3 aswell. The AR is a forgone conclusion. Would like to do a few more weekends away this year aswell, its nice to go out for a ride then chill without having to travel for hours straight home.