SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 28-10-09, 05:16 PM   #1
harry04

Default Picking up my new bike tomorrow.

Can anyone recomend nice rides around devon? Im so excited about getting it im like a little girl!!
Old 28-10-09, 05:37 PM   #2
Rich
Mega Poster

Default Re: Picking up my new bike tomorrow.

Hey, nice one on getting the new bike. Best take care of it, and keep it sunnyside up. Your not too far away from me, I did a route on the Porlock camping weekend that I think you'll like. It crosses the boarder over to Devon aswell so you could either do the lot or just abit of it.

The A377 between Barnstaple and Crediton Is a great bit of road, not too much traffic and a good mix of bends, long straights and some sweepers.

You'll have to come along for a rideout sometime.

Rich
Old 28-10-09, 06:21 PM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Not really my area, but there are some cracking roads around you.

Just go and explore and see what you find

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-09, 06:41 PM   #4
harry04

Yep i think i'll just go out for the day and explore. Shall try my best to keep it upright

Yeah give us a shout if your out for a ride Rich!
Old 28-10-09, 07:33 PM   #5
Normski

Hi Harry, where in Devon are you? There's a lot of great roads in mid Devon but need to be a bit careful of farmers harvesting maize at the moment and dropping slippery stuff on bends! I love the B3227 which runs from Norton Fitzwarren near Taunton down to Stibbs Cross just north of Launceston, going through Devon in the middle!Join where it suits you best. There's a Burger van in a car park at the western end of Great Torrington where a few bikers congregate.Take care and enjoy the new bike.
Old 29-10-09, 08:16 AM   #6
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry04 View Post
Can anyone recomend nice rides around devon? Im so excited about getting it im like a little girl!!
Hopefully that feeling of excitement will never diminish whenever you get a new bike. I know mine hasn't.

Enjoy your bike, but be careful out there
Old 30-10-09, 09:47 AM   #7
harry04

Yeah went for a run to north devon. 120 miles round trip. **** ache, wrist ache and back ache signs of a great ride!

Was a few areas where farmers were cutting the hedgeline with no signs or anything. lucky i was taking it easy when i came round the corner meeting them doing about 5mph. Would of been nice to see a sign or some lights. Tossers.

The road through simonsbath arcross exmoor was prime long sweepers,very challenging run for a new rider i thought. The old man was impressed though!

O im in cullompton. Give us a message if you want to ride.