SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-04-05, 03:00 PM   #1
ujoni08

Default Hand Guards?

I was just thinking about the problem of cold hands, and reading the threads about heated grips. They sound good... I'll probably try them.

Also, when I used to ride off-road bikes we had plastic hand-guards that kept the thorny bushes and flying stones (from bikes ahead with spinning tyres) from hurting our hands. Most enduro bikes had them as standard, but you could buy Acerbis replacements too. I wonder if they'd also help keep hands warm by blocking the rain and wind? Question: does anyone have these on an SV, and do they help? I imagine the off-raod ones would look pretty awful, but you could remove them in Summer. Are there any nice roadbike versions? Here are some links:

http://www.cmgonline.com/articles/CM.../F650GS_Dakar/

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/Catalogs...ntrols&Page=32

Jon.
Old 04-04-05, 03:14 PM   #2
Mr Toad

Heated Grips =
If your pinkies are warm, then the psychological effect is amazing - your whole body feels OK
Don't get them now - get them in October when it starts to get cold

It is considered chic amongst the London couriers to use cut down plastic 4-pint milk containers on the bars
Old 04-04-05, 03:51 PM   #3
simon-temple

I have full off-road bark busters on my DR350 and they don't really offer any protection from the elements. Nadia uses Oxford heated grips with muffs and she finds that she can ride with summer gloves on in the winter. But on a run out this Easter she removed the muffs and found that even with the grips up on full the backs of her hands were still a touch cold.

simon
Old 04-04-05, 08:43 PM   #4
ujoni08

Default muffs

Yeah, I think muffs or heated grips and muffs together are going to be the best. You can easily remove the muffs come Spring...
Jon.
Old 04-04-05, 10:07 PM   #5
Anonymous

There was a pic on here somewhere of a naked with handguards. Looked ok-ish. DL650 ones might fit. I still get cold hands tho with guards, may keep some wet off but not much else. Heated grips is the way to go, would never not have those now.
Old 05-04-05, 04:38 PM   #6
SPeeeeDY

like these

Old 05-04-05, 04:59 PM   #7
RandyO

I am told the Vstrom 650 handguards will bolt right on, I have had handguards on my Sv since before the V-strom came out, I fitted KLR handguards, I had to so some minor modification to the handguards
Old 05-04-05, 05:03 PM   #8
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Look at this by Donnie J

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.ph...r=asc&start=10

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote