SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-02-10, 10:41 AM   #1
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Unhappy Great news

The company I work for is going through restructuring and there is a strong chance that I am about to be made redundant.

If I am able to keep my job, they want me working three out of four weekends and this is to be compulsory, no negotiations! I only get to spend every other weekend with my Step son as it is, so this will reduce that time even more and with Carol Working Monday to Friday, I would not actually see her. This is going a step too far and will impact greatly upon my family life. Making me work until 8PM during the week and then almost every Saturday and Sunday is inhumane, when I have a family. I am disgusted.

I am sure that there are other people on here who are also employed by the people I work for, a large chain of motor parts and bike stores, based in the UK and some of Europe. I wonder if they have had the same letter as me? It feels so unfair.

So today I have sent out two job applications and five letters asking about vacancies, I feel that it is time that I got back into Education and started using my teaching skills again. I left teaching after I was assaulted by a group of Year Eleven boys (16+ years old) in a homophobic attack. I was scared of kids for a long time after that, but I feel that I am now ready to go back into it and start afresh.

So far 2010 is proving to be a bit of a tough year and we are only in February. Were it not for the language filters, I would tell you all just how I feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 10:46 AM   #2
CheGuevara

Default Re: Great news

Sounds a bit like the silver-lining is a push in the right direction (or back in the right direction) career-wise? I hope it works out for you in any case.
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 10:49 AM   #3
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

See if one of your local school's will let you shadow another teacher for a few days. That'll let you see how you feel about the kids again.
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 10:52 AM   #4
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

A change of career seems the only way to get out of that misery they are trying to bestow upon you.

After five yrs working in Willy Wonkas every weekend, set of nights every fortnight, I have decided that its time for a change two. Whereas, the job fit the bill for a few yrs, it now encroaches on my family. I suddenly realised one night last yr, that my eight yr old son sees more of his grandparents than he does of his own mother. I have spent very little quality time with him over the yrs I have been trying to keep a roof over his head.

Family comes first Jayne. Always will, a job should always come last. Instead of secondary, why don't you go for primary teaching, kids are less viscious.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 12:01 PM   #5
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

good luck Jayne.. wish you well.

it may be the push to get back to your vocation eh..

maybe now in this day and age even kids' views have changed re sexual orientation and you may find that the kids these days are more accepting .. and that is how it should be,., good luck- I have always wanted to be a teacher but I know that 20 mins in I would want to batter the cheeky little sods so not the best move for me..

wish you well and hopefully a move to something that gives you and Carol more time together with your family..
Old 08-02-10, 12:25 PM   #6
Bri w

Hi JF,

I hope it works out for you, and 2010 improves.

As for homphobia, it says more about other people than it does about who you are. I wouldn't worry about what narrow minded bigots think. I dare say when the idiots that attacked you grow up they will be pretty embarrassed when they think back about their actions.

Alternatively offer them a big hug and a kiss, they'll run a mile.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote