SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 27-06-05, 02:24 PM   #1
snoopy

Default New member!

Hello,

After posting in the wrong forum I was redirected to soho at the top (whoops, didn't see that up the top).

I'm moving from Newcastle (pennine massive) down to Hitchin, Hertsfordshire. I'm working in Harpenden for at least 9 months.

I'm interested in going on meets because I don't know the area and the last pennine massive meet was so much fun.

Any advice would be warmly welcomed. Anyone know Hitchin and what it's like?

Cheers,
Andy
Old 27-06-05, 02:40 PM   #2
DeeJay

Welcome to the soho massive...

you live just up the road from me, so when i am going i will quite happily lead you in...
Old 27-06-05, 04:20 PM   #3
Rider

Hiya and welcome. I've been there to visit the "Girls Bike 2" shop and will be stopping by (weather permitting) on Sat to pick up some gear. It's an easy commute into London.

If you're actually around on Sat and want to hook up, let me know by pm.

Claire
Old 27-06-05, 04:21 PM   #4
Sudoxe

Andy! Fantastic, see you at soho sometime

DAn
Old 27-06-05, 08:46 PM   #5
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

I'm sure Jonboy and i shared a coffee in Hitchin a few weeks ago. Me and my memory tho

Some great roads around that way, i'm sure jonboy will be along soon to post something a bit more usefull than this tho.

Welcome to the soho massive
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-05, 08:53 PM   #6
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

You will need to attend a language school if you move to Herts.Its all oooaarrr and carrot crunching down this part of the World,and certainly none of yer whyiii divunt dunchas brooown ayle down ocean road stuff.You will need to get used to us maniacs too
Old 27-06-05, 08:56 PM   #7
jonboy

Yes we did Zig, my localish coffee shop.

Hitchin's not a bad town at all, very old, lots of nice architecture and an interesting town centre/market place. Do check out CoffeeCoffee in Bancroft as they do the best coffee in Hitchin.

Now if you're interested Snoopy, as regards making the Friday night trek into Soho, it's certainly not a problem to meet up and go down the A1, I do this most Fridays. There's also Jon on this forum who's recently bought an SV and he lives not far from Hitchin so there are peeps around if you want to meet up.

Old 27-06-05, 09:44 PM   #8
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay
Welcome to the soho massive...

you live just up the road from me, so when i am going i will quite happily lead you in...
I think Andy was looking to being a REGULAR Soho massive m8 not part time like all the rest of the 4 pot boys.

And besides, if he followed you, he would have a good idea what the rest of London looked like but still wouldn't have a damn clue how to get to Frith Street.

Old 27-06-05, 10:36 PM   #9
snoopy

I've never been to Soho before, you take your bikes then? How many go on friday?

I could do it this friday though I expect to have a sore bum from the long ride down.
Old 28-06-05, 06:07 AM   #10
Stig

Anything between 5 or 6 to as many as 20+. It's usually weather dependent. But you are pretty much guaranteed that someone will be there.