Friday 18th February 16 72.73%
Saturday 19th February 11 50.00%
Bah humbug - I cannot attend either date 2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-01-11, 08:22 PM   #1
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Smile Rescheduled Soho Christmas Party

La Porchetta would be delighted to have us back in February - wearing Santa outfits is optional but I think there will be much disappointment if BBC isn't dressed in hers to give out the Secret Santa gifts which you must still bring of course. And I am delaying turning 40 until we celebrate so I am currently 39 and 13 months old.

The Upper Street branch is closed for refurbishment so they have suggested we re-locate the the Clerkenwell branch. It's only ten minutes from the Upper Street one, the other side of Angel tube station. (84 - 86 Rosebery Avenue, Clerkenwell, EC1R 4QY). They have a separate room that holds 35 which we would be given for our party.

If you couldn’t make it last year but can now we have new dates then Hurrah! The more the merrier. We can even add you in to Secret Santa.

I have added a poll with 2 dates. Please let me know if you can attend one or both or neither.

Below are the menu options again as there have been a couple of changes. You can either stick with what you had before (I still have the list) or choose something different. Let me know what you would like by PM or email (clare.skinner@mcc.org.uk). If I don’t hear from you by the 10th Feb with your choices then I will assume that you want the same as last time (with the replacement if you ordered Pate, Pizza/Pasta Natale or Mince Pie).

Starter

Pate Del Giorno will be replaced by Funghi Ripieni

Mains

Rigatoni Natale will be replaced Rigatoni Pollo e Spinaci & Pizza Natale will be replaced by Pizza Pollo

Dessert

Mince Pie will be replaced by Profiteroles

So here are all the choices:

Starters

• Mixed Olives & Grissini (v) Mixed marinated olives served with bread sticks
  • Traditional Bruschetta (v): Juicy vine tomatoes tossed with basil, garlic and olive oil served on toasted
  • Coppa di Gamberetti: Classic prawn cocktail served on crisp lettuce with Marie Rose sauce
  • Funghi Ripieni (Stuffed Mushrooms in tomato sauce topped with parmesan)
  • Insalata Caprese (v): A classic combination of Mozzarella, tomato and basil
Mains
  • Rigatoni Pollo e Spinaci (Chicken Breast Pieces with spinach in a cream sauce)
  • Spaghetti Bolognese: Lean minced beef in our own secret recipe sauce
  • Tagliatelle al Salmone: Salmon in a light cream sauce
  • Penne Arrabbiata (v): Our homemade tomato sauce with chilli and garlic
  • Fusilli al Pesto (v) (n): Basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, and olive oil sauce
  • Rigatoni Regina: Ham and mushrooms, in a cream and white wine sauce
  • Pizza Pollo (Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Chicken Breast, Mushroom, Peppers & Red Onion)
  • Pizza Margherita (v): Tomato sauce and mozzarella
  • Pizza Americana: Tomato sauce, mozzarella salami, red peppers and chilli
  • Pizza Principessa: Tomato sauce, mozzarella ham and mushrooms
  • Pizza Napoletana: Tomato sauce, mozzarella anchovies, black olives capers and garlic
  • Pizza Vegetariana (v): Tomato sauce, mozzarella and mixed vegetables
Dessert
  • Homemade Tiramisu
  • Two scoops of ice cream
  • Profiteroles (Cream Filled Choux pastry puffs coated in a thick chocolate fondant)

Last edited by Littlepeahead; 13-01-11 at 08:56 PM.
Littlepeahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-11, 08:45 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rescheduled Soho Christmas Party

Just a quick thing to mention, the Clerkenwell one is very different to our one. Last time i was there, which admittedly was a good few years ago now, they had banging loud music and it wasnt exactly the atmosphere that we enjoy.

it may be an idea if someone is local or passes that way to have a look inside and see how it is now. The best bit about our one for me is the fact we can take up all of downstairs and not upset the other diners with our behaviour and iirc the other place is not the same layout.

i'm not counting it out just saying it'd be cool if somone could pop their head in and see how it is now. As for dates, well as we all know im easy.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-11, 08:55 PM   #3
Stig

Why can't someone organise something on the RIGHT weekend for a change Can't make this for the same reasons I couldn't make the one planned in December.
Old 13-01-11, 08:58 PM   #4
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I've updated my initial post as they have offered us our own function room which holds 35 - but if there were more than that coming I'm sure we could squeeze a few more in - if we sit n each others' laps! That way we don't disturb the other diners and the music they play won't affect us.
Old 13-01-11, 09:00 PM   #5
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
Why can't someone organise something on the RIGHT weekend for a change Can't make this for the same reasons I couldn't make the one planned in December.
Why can't you make it? I can also add the weekend before if this one is difficult for lots of people. Can't do the weekend after as I'll be in Thailand (not having heart failure or crashing a bike down a mountain!)
Old 13-01-11, 09:15 PM   #6
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Why can't you make it? I can also add the weekend before if this one is difficult for lots of people. Can't do the weekend after as I'll be in Thailand (not having heart failure or crashing a bike down a mountain!)
I can't make it on the currently planned weekend because I'll have the kids for the weekend. Would you believe (unusually) I already have something planned for the weekend before which I can't/don't want to get out of.

It's just the way it goes.
Old 13-01-11, 10:34 PM   #7
BBadger

Sorry all im a madlander for the moment wont be back until easter =[
Old 13-01-11, 11:59 PM   #8
metalmonkey

Well either day should be should be fine for me, thought I haven't planned beyond next Monday I hope to make it!

I'll mail over my choice err later, wine is working its magic on me atm
Old 14-01-11, 12:40 AM   #9
monkey

Wasn't the refurb due to be finished by February?
Old 14-01-11, 10:09 AM   #10
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Wasn't the refurb due to be finished by February?
It was, but they have now said it will be right at the end of Feb and not 3rd, and as I am away from the end of Feb until mid March that delays it even longer. I can pop into the Clerkenwell branch on the way home one evening to check it is OK unless anyone else is based closer and can do that.