SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 11-06-07, 10:54 AM   #1
on yer bike

Default Brake spring - pointy

anone got a spare for a pointy? the spring that returns the brake pedal back down after applying the brake.

on yer bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 11:46 AM   #2
Fleagle

Default Re: Brake spring - pointy

Send Baph a PM - he was selling a RHS assembly without the brake pedal so might still have the spring available.
Old 12-06-07, 11:02 AM   #3
Law

My pointy (K5) didn't have a brake spring in the first place
Old 12-06-07, 05:27 PM   #4
on yer bike

I was checking with other bikes on the ecosse rideout on sunday, and they all had the spring, where mine has the holes but no spring, and I know it had one originally from old photos, apparently it is an MOT fail, and puts more wear on the brake pads.

Old 14-06-07, 04:30 PM   #5
kwak zzr

k6 sv's dont have the spring for some reason? it will pass an mot if thats how they are now. when cuz had his k6 i told him it was missing so he went back to streetbike in dudley and they said they stopped putting them on.
Old 15-06-07, 06:50 AM   #6
2mths

Interesting thread this. My K5 doesn't seem to have a spring. Should it? or is it late enough not to? I have problems with the rear brake and to be honest I think a spring return would go a long way to alleviate them.
Old 15-06-07, 07:15 PM   #7
on yer bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mths View Post
Interesting thread this. My K5 doesn't seem to have a spring. Should it? or is it late enough not to? I have problems with the rear brake and to be honest I think a spring return would go a long way to alleviate them.
I am the same, I spoke to the guys at my local workshop, and they said it was odd for it to have a spring there, and that the top spring should be ample, but I have found the brake to start sticking after 100 miles or so. They are looking into it for me anyway, and these guys know thier stuff, so will trust what they say.

Old 15-06-07, 07:51 PM   #8
2mths

Do let us know what they say oyb.
Old 28-06-07, 06:29 PM   #9
on yer bike

They say that they were sent three different springs as the book didn't show which went where. so they were all the wrong size and all over priced the smallest being £7, they also guessed it never had one to start with due to there being no wear marks at the hole, but we all feel it needs an extra push to return the spring. So I did what any sane person would do, took a mallet to my sister's mountain bike's gears.. inside the gear system there is a spring for when the chain moves in and out at a gear change... I "borrowed" this spring and streched it a little bit. and fitted perfect, and worked perfect, I could actually feel the brake leaver come up with my foot as I came off the brakes.