SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-02-09, 02:26 AM   #1
COLZO

Default New Indicators?

One of my rear indicators is hanging off, tried gluing it back on but to no avail. My question is do I replace with an original or move to the 'mini' ones? If the latter, what ones are best and road legal etc.
Old 08-02-09, 09:35 PM   #2
mackrilld

Default Re: New Indicators?

sorry for jacking your thread theres just been so many indicator questions latly and the answer i need did not come up in any of the search's.

Brought these today http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165697 as they had bulbs so did not have to change the relay but i wanted to know how to connect them to the bike wires as there is a push fit connector for the old indys and these have to small ball end basicly.DO you understand me ? trying to upload pics but haveing trouble at the mo. Could i just cut the ends of these new indys and the ends of the indicator wire from the bike and solder them up? Thanks for any comments and its a k6 pointy thanks Dom
Old 08-02-09, 09:42 PM   #3
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLZO View Post
One of my rear indicators is hanging off, tried gluing it back on but to no avail. My question is do I replace with an original or move to the 'mini' ones? If the latter, what ones are best and road legal etc.
I use bikeit ones, brilliant and cheap. Loads of designs. I'm using LED (more noticeable than standard) diddy arrow ones now. Check the last page of the link in my sig 4 photos.
Old 08-02-09, 10:27 PM   #4
COLZO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackrilld View Post
sorry for jacking your thread theres just been so many indicator questions latly and the answer i need did not come up in any of the search's.

Brought these today http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165697 as they had bulbs so did not have to change the relay but i wanted to know how to connect them to the bike wires as there is a push fit connector for the old indys and these have to small ball end basicly.DO you understand me ? trying to upload pics but haveing trouble at the mo. Could i just cut the ends of these new indys and the ends of the indicator wire from the bike and solder them up? Thanks for any comments and its a k6 pointy thanks Dom

What about these mate. To be honest the more I read about adaptors, relays and water ingress the more I think I'd be better off buying an original replacement.
Old 09-02-09, 12:24 PM   #5
Hardened Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackrilld View Post

Could i just cut the ends of these new indys and the ends of the indicator wire from the bike and solder them up? - Exactly what I did with mine, 3 years no problems with the wiring, tho have had to replace the indys a few times as aftermarket indys are made of cheese.
Old 09-02-09, 02:04 PM   #6
FG1

On my K6 I just used bullit connectors to attach the suzuki connector to the aftermarket indy wire.
Old 09-02-09, 02:09 PM   #7
Kilted Ginger

I like thr look of thr minis but unfortunately even with ultrabright led's they definately are not as noticeable, so its personal choice if you prefer looks or people to actually see you are indicating
Old 09-02-09, 03:40 PM   #8
Baldyman

I fitted these to a naked http://www.twinshack.co.uk/prods/467.html
look great and are VERY visible being LED.
Old 09-02-09, 09:10 PM   #9
COLZO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldyman View Post
I fitted these to a naked http://www.twinshack.co.uk/prods/467.html
look great and are VERY visible being LED.
They look the best aftermarket ones I've saw yet.

Went to the local stealers today to price an indicator - £35 (wasn't expecting it to be that much!). Had a go at fixing it again, this time with Chemical Metal. If this fails then have to purchase a new one.
Old 09-02-09, 09:38 PM   #10
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

I have an original one but without the bulb, bought 2 for mine when I had my off but only needed one !

PM me if you're interested.
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote