SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-03-06, 02:27 AM   #1
JanGoris

Default PROBLEM - ,,FI'' on the dashboard - I can not start

Hellow

I have a problem!!!!!!!!!!! I can not start my SV650S - K4. On the dashboard I see ,,FI'' wich indicates a problem with the gasoline (according to the manual).

I first want to ask your opinions, tips and so on.

Of course I can not drive to a garage or a Suzuki dealer and I want to wait before I invite a technician at my home. I think it is quite expensive...

Please help.......................
Old 04-03-06, 04:56 AM   #2
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Anything else happen? Do you hear the fuel pump pressurising the system, will it allow you to turn the engine over?
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-06, 09:17 AM   #3
sumpyboy

Default FI on dash

check that you haven't knocked the kill switch be mistake. I've done this before and tried setting alarm on and off thinking the immobiliser was stuck, but it was the kill switch (red button on off side bar)
Old 04-03-06, 10:43 AM   #4
socommk23

if u have an alarm fitted..check the fuse to it!
friend had his blow and the immobaliser wont let the fuel pumps go so no start!
Old 04-03-06, 11:58 AM   #5
JanGoris

Default My problem

SOME MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MY PROBLEM:

My display indicates ,,FI'' and a red indication lamp is flikkering goes on/off. The Suzuki service manual says the following: it is a problem with the fuel injection system. If you can not start the bike go to a local Suzuki dealer.

I can turn my key on. Lights burn but the engine does not start. It only says ,,Uhu uhu uh''. (My English is not that good).

An alarm is not the answer, I do not have one.

PLEASE MORE TIPS, ANSWERS,...
Old 04-03-06, 12:13 PM   #6
Toypop

Sounds like the engine is turning over so I am guessing it is an electrical problem and the dealer will have to fix it.
Old 04-03-06, 12:15 PM   #7
jambo
Mega Poster

stupid points:
Check kill switch
Check you have plenty of fuel
Check ALL fuses are ok
Old 04-03-06, 12:37 PM   #8
Flamin_Squirrel

If you're still struggling, there is a way to get the bike to tell you exactly what is wrong.

If you put the bike into 'dealer mode' it will give an error code.

Look here for a guide to how to put your bike into dealer mode: http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=10245

Once in dealer mode, look at the clocks. The error code starts with a 'c', and will be shown bottom right.

If you can tell us what this code is we can tell you what the problem is, and hopefully how to fix it.
Old 04-03-06, 01:08 PM   #9
JediGoat

This may not be of any use...but I thought I post it just in case.

A friend of mine had a similar problem this week. He found that when fitting bar muffs he'd dislodged the small lead that attaches to the clutch lever (the one that's used to make sure you pull the lever in before starting). He fiddled with that for a bit, and managed to get it started.

Same problem can be caused by the side stand switch thingy.

'Scuse the technical jargon

Jo
JediGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-06, 05:32 PM   #10
Valman

Have you checked to make sure the battery is not flat? It sounds like the starter is trying to turn the engine over but just can't do enough to get the engine started, so it seems very much like a flat battery to me.