SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 14-07-18, 07:55 AM   #5311
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Yeah, the Electros are big and heavy. I was thinking about taking one but having (almost) put a film through it, I've come to the conclusion it's not much fun to use and I don't like not knowing what shutter speed it's chosen. IQ will decide whether I keep it. Minolta Himatic 9 is far superior.
Other option is a small SLR like the FX-D/Pentax/Olympus with a 28-105 or a 35-135 zoom on it. I can think all that over during the next couple of months. I might risk the OM2sp. I was playing with it recently and discovered that unlike the OM2, it has a mechanical setting so works without batteries. I don't think I knew that when I first had one. Would have to test it first though.I like the SRT series; solid and mechanical. Only tested the 101 so far but mechanics and meter work fine. Got the 303 as it has split screen focussing and shutter speed and aperture info in the viewfinder - and a nice lens. Don't think there's much difference between the 101 and 201 so one of them might have to go if I can bear to part with it

I'm sure your Rolleicord will turn up when you start packing up and organising stuff for moving. Did you exchange the contracts?
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-18, 08:08 AM   #5312
Kenzie

Not yet, everything is on hold again and we don't know what is happening. Very frustrating. Cameras are packed already but I think it might be in the car.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-18, 12:04 PM   #5313
yokohama

Playing around this morning. Finally got the beauty ring back on the end of the Yashica 50mm after grinding down some of the mangled screw threads and pressing it back in. Locked in place with a skylight filter.
Old 14-07-18, 04:15 PM   #5314
Kenzie

That's good, bet it looks a lot better now. It wasn't in the car I've been shooting with the RC this afternoon, it's a pity the meter doesn't work. I might have to shoot a few rolls to bond with it though. The Kiev 4 arrived today as well, works spot on and the rangefinder seems spot on how. Could do with new leather though.
Old 14-07-18, 05:30 PM   #5315
yokohama

Good that you've finally got a fully functioning Kiev. Is there anywhere that does replacement leather covers or would you need to cut your own?
Old 14-07-18, 05:33 PM   #5316
Kenzie

Well there is this one

http://www.aki-asahi.com/store/html/kiev-4/kiev-4.php

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 14-07-18, 08:58 PM   #5317
Kenzie

Found the Rolleicord, it was in a bag like two feet from where I am sitting. Phew.
I am so buying one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...f_rd_i=desktop

Last edited by Kenzie; 14-07-18 at 09:08 PM.
Old 15-07-18, 05:28 PM   #5318
Kenzie

Found a section of leather to replace the torn bit in the new Kiev 4A. Will do for now but I may but a new kit from Aki at some point.
Old 15-07-18, 07:25 PM   #5319
yokohama

Good that you found the Rollei. A consequence of having too much stuff in different places. Same happens to me along the lines of "I thought I had that lens; where is it?"
The Aki Asashi cover in the link looks very smart.
Bit of a sale on at WYC. Nothing madly cheap but some of the lenses are cheaper than ebay BINs, and there's a 3 month guarantee thrown in. Must resist.
Old 15-07-18, 07:55 PM   #5320
Kenzie

I'd used it when I went to my sister in laws and I repaired her Zafira door at the same time and it was in the bag with the tools. The bag looked like my wife's so I didn't bother checking it until last night. Might have to look on their website now that you have mentioned it. Only problem with Aki is that PayPal charge a conversion fee for GBP to USD. I hadn't realised the last time I bought.

Mmmm...https://wycameras.com/collections/fo...a-e-messer-avg

Useful https://wycameras.com/collections/sa...-f-3-5-4-8-exc

Camera pron https://wycameras.com/collections/sa...5cm-summar-exc

Last edited by Kenzie; 15-07-18 at 08:02 PM.