SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-05-07, 09:24 AM   #1
SV650Guern

Default Choke Cable

Hi People

Can anybody tell me where i can order longer then standard choke cable (handle bar to T piece bit) from preferably online really.

Thanks

OL
Old 24-05-07, 12:07 PM   #2
ejohnh

Default Re: Choke Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650Guern View Post
Hi People

Can anybody tell me where i can order longer then standard choke cable (handle bar to T piece bit) from preferably online really.

Thanks

OL
I'd like to know the same.. I want to fit some higher bars on my naked curvey. Are you doing that? If so does the same apply to the throttle cables, brake and clutch cables or can those be rerouted to reach higher bars?
Old 24-05-07, 12:21 PM   #3
Grinch

I just re-rooted mine and it seems fine... clutch cable had to be longer though. I have Hel brake lines and they are easy long enough, checking the throttle lines this week end as at the moment they are to short.
Old 24-05-07, 12:25 PM   #4
ejohnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
I just re-rooted mine and it seems fine... clutch cable had to be longer though. I have Hel brake lines and they are easy long enough, checking the throttle lines this week end as at the moment they are to short.
What bars did you get Dan?
Busters will make up odd lengths of brake line I believe. What are Hel brake lines?
Old 24-05-07, 12:27 PM   #5
Grinch

Got a set of Renthal bars on my SV650S, so its been converted. Hel are just a manufacture of aftermarket braided brake lines, the 2 line front set gives you a set of lines that are easy long enough.
Old 24-05-07, 01:00 PM   #6
SV650Guern

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnh View Post
I'd like to know the same.. I want to fit some higher bars on my naked curvey. Are you doing that? If so does the same apply to the throttle cables, brake and clutch cables or can those be rerouted to reach higher bars?
I've fitted bike 840mm wide low rise bars all cables are fine except for the choke one and even then it only when i turn it only needs to be an extra inch or 2. Dan where did you reroot your choke cable?

Last edited by SV650Guern; 24-05-07 at 01:02 PM.
Old 24-05-07, 01:04 PM   #7
Grinch

It's a bit hard to explain, but its almost the same root I just lost the some of the corners. Seems just fine now.
Old 24-05-07, 05:30 PM   #8
SV650Guern

ah cool so dan did you just take the cable on the outside of the forks as opposed to next to the yokes?

Cheers

OL
Old 24-05-07, 07:18 PM   #9
Grinch

Right checked tonight when I was fitting the N throttle cables and I put the choke cable out-side the forks. Seems fine, the throttle and clutch cables are longer ones off a N that I have rooted inside the forks.
Old 25-05-07, 08:02 AM   #10
SV650Guern

Ah Ah will try and change them at lunch. Wierd my throttle cables were long enough and i 99 model which i presume is a K model.

Will let you know how it goes