SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-12-06, 08:09 PM   #1
wtdafk

Default taxing problem

goood eveing ladies an gents.

went to tax the bike yesterday with all the bits and bobs you need and when i handed them over i was told i can not tax my bike becasue my v5 log book is still in my dads name and my insurance is in my name!! im just wondering if there is any other way of getting round this other than adding my dad to my insurance, that will cost me money i dont have, or have him put my name on the v5, that might cause me a problem tho as i have many depts and would not like the bayliffs taking the bike away becasue i would then own it propply.
do you know if they will give me tax if my dad and me where to go to the post office together?, its really annoying because ive left it a bit late 2 my tax ran out the end off november and i dont really fancy a fine, saying that tho i know some one that has not had car tax for 6 months and still has not heard anything,

your wisdom is welcome

cheers!
Old 15-12-06, 08:36 PM   #2
jimmy4237

I've an old car I used to build a car NCB that's in my mother's name, and the insurance cert was in my name. I never had any problem getting a tax disc for it, and I never had to produce the V5. Sounds like you local post office is taking the ****...... I'd try another post office to see if they're less fussy.
Old 15-12-06, 08:41 PM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Can you not use the DVLA website and tax the bike online....

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-06, 09:06 PM   #4
wtdafk

oo the net seems like a good idear will try that now cheers, they are abit funny in that post office theres a lady in there who stares at you like she wants to kill you!! scary stuff
Old 15-12-06, 09:14 PM   #5
Dicky Ticker

Register the bike as J&B ANYBODY [In joint names providing the surname is the same,we have several vehicles regd like this between my son and myself]
Old 15-12-06, 09:20 PM   #6
wtdafk

problem solved by the wonders of the net wont be going to that post office ever again, thats a good idear about the reg in both names cheers dnt know why i dident think of any of this.

gunn a be fun tmmrow, got a bit of a ride and if the weathers like it says its gunaa be then its gunna be very wet, lets hope the sealent on my front plug cover holds out