SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-05-05, 05:56 PM   #1
Warren

Default suspension set-ups . . where ?

do any of you know where/ how i can go about getting my suspension tweaked ? as i am a shortie, i find the current set up a bit harsh, im feeling every inch of the road beneath me, and would like it a bit lazier.

i would prefer somewhere i can ride in, ride out and adjust my existing settings.

cheers

(from essex on a CBR by the way)
Old 05-05-05, 06:47 PM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

Could you not just roll off the damping settings a bit? Some track days will hve suspension experts on site to set up for you.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-05, 07:17 PM   #3
Warren

i dunno what that means northwind.

i am clueless when it comes to suspension.
Old 05-05-05, 07:26 PM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

Ah. Probably best not muck about with it then There should be something in your manual about how to adjust the damping, not sure where the adjusters are on a CBR though. I just mucked about with mine till I liked how it felt, but you've got a lot more adjustability = a lot more potential to screw it up.
Old 05-05-05, 07:26 PM   #5
northwind
Mega Poster

Ah. Probably best not muck about with it then There should be something in your manual about how to adjust the damping, not sure where the adjusters are on a CBR though. I just mucked about with mine till I liked how it felt, but you've got a lot more adjustability = a lot more potential to screw it up.
Old 06-05-05, 08:17 AM   #6
Itching 2 go

if you fancy a ride to box hill, my boss does suspension setups, he did my TL1000S and good god what a difference!
Old 06-05-05, 12:18 PM   #7
Balky001
Mega Poster

There's a garage called MC Technic in Stowmarket that I go to - bit of a ride from Leigh on Sea but well worth it. Darren - the owner, goes to BSB meetings and helps racing set ups and he used to race - but he does set up for road or track. When I spoke to Crescent Suzuki about so modifications they rated Darren and said if he sorted out the suspension then I'd have no worries (he can't set up a Power Commander though - he hasn't got a rolling road and when he fitted mine I got it dyno'd elsewhere!). He's a nice bloke though. I noticed he was featured in the Essex Advanced Motorcylists Group magazine thing - details of which were posted the other day but can't find it now. I got my SV and GSXR sorted there. He's got a website - I really can't rate him high enough. Just one word of warning - I was going to spend about £1000 doing the GSXR up and it ended up coming to £2300 - he wasn't expensive but when I saw all the add on's for sale I couldn't help it!
Old 06-05-05, 12:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balky001
There's a garage called MC Technic in Stowmarket that I go to - bit of a ride from Leigh on Sea but well worth it. Darren - the owner, goes to BSB meetings and helps racing set ups and he used to race - but he does set up for road or track. When I spoke to Crescent Suzuki about so modifications they rated Darren and said if he sorted out the suspension then I'd have no worries (he can't set up a Power Commander though - he hasn't got a rolling road and when he fitted mine I got it dyno'd elsewhere!). He's a nice bloke though. I noticed he was featured in the Essex Advanced Motorcylists Group magazine thing - details of which were posted the other day but can't find it now. I got my SV and GSXR sorted there. He's got a website - I really can't rate him high enough. Just one word of warning - I was going to spend about £1000 doing the GSXR up and it ended up coming to £2300 - he wasn't expensive but when I saw all the add on's for sale I couldn't help it!
I know the place well, its called mctechnics, a bit of a way to go maybee, but im sure it would be well worth it, gonna drop the ccm in to have the fork oil sorted, apparently its gonna cost a whole £10!!!

He attended out bikesfae course day to advise on getting ur suspesnsion sorted before anything else??
Old 06-05-05, 12:37 PM   #9
Balky001
Mega Poster

From Romford is A12 A14 all the way. Not far really - on a nice day. You get a little sticker put on the bottom of your forks and every track day I've been on I've seen poeple with the same ones!
Old 06-05-05, 06:11 PM   #10
Warren

cheers , ill check darren out.