SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-11, 11:40 PM   #21
davepreston

Default Re: Problem Resolution?

mmmm i think someone should feck off and not post on this forum again cheeky barsteward

ps dave hope your well

Old 14-11-11, 06:42 AM   #22
Specialone

I think I've discovered the problem, it's them bloody curvys, nothing but trouble

Old 14-11-11, 08:16 AM   #23
jr758774c

I'm sorry, but although I appreciate the gesture of £55 it still leaves me £45 out of pocket and with some fairings that are NOT what I was looking for!
The fairings in the pictures ARE the fairings you sent. The fairings I'm replacing are significantly damaged and I would be happy to post pictures of them to prove they are different to these ones. You can clearly see the gold mesh in the pics, which was shown in the original pictures you sent me, also the light mark you mentioned at the start is also visible in some of the pics I have. If you want I can post the pic you sent me before I paid for them of the Mark, and post a pic up of the same fairing where the rest of the damage is visible.
I am trying to resolve this as amicably as possible, which is why I did not mention who it was I was having the issue with. The reason I posted here is because you were not responding to my PM's yet I could see from your profile that you had been on the forum!

I appreciate that if most of the damage happened when the fairings were in transit that you might not want to offer a full refund, but as I've already shown, there was already some damage which has been poorly touched up, which could obvisouly not have happened in transit. This on it's own shows the fairings were not in a "as new" condition.

It's entirely up to you what you want to do, but these fairings are NOT as described, and are no good to me in this condition, so I have no choice other than to pursue a full refund hopefully from yourself in an amicable manner, or through paypal.

It's just a shame that my first experience of buying from a forum member has been an adverse one. Hopefully we can get this sorted.

Mark

Old 14-11-11, 08:26 AM   #24
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

It would be useful to see those other pictures you mention
Old 14-11-11, 08:26 AM   #25
jr758774c

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
mmmm i think someone should feck off and not post on this forum again cheeky barsteward

ps dave hope your well
I'm not sure if this is the standard way you welcome newbies to the forum? Telling them to fleck off when they have an issue?
I'm not here to rip anyone off, and I'd happily send you links to my ebay or other forums where I'm a long standing member and have bought and sold hundreds of items without any issues.

If it were you, and you bought something and it turned up and was damaged beyond use you would peruse the issue too. I have done nothing wrong what so ever. I bought something that when it turned up was not as described....whoevers fault the damage is (the courier or the seller) is not really important...the fact remains that I bought some "as new"fairings, and what I received was junk!

All I want is my money back and the seller can have the fairings back and pursue the matter with the courier if that is how the damage occurred.

Old 14-11-11, 08:30 AM   #26
-Ralph-

Beginning to think it's not a good idea to buy or sell anything on the forum. Stick stuff on ebay and just allow people to advertise stuff with a link to the ebay auction.

Old 14-11-11, 08:46 AM   #27
jr758774c

Here are my fairings next to the ones bought from here

Here is the Mark I was told about before buying, as shown in daves pictures

Here is a pic that (badly) shows the damage shown in daves pics (green circle) and some of the damage shown on the first post (red circle)

I'm happy to take what ever pictures are required to prove that these ARE the same fairings Dave sent out. Notice the same indicators, same gold mesh, the same mark in the same place as shown in his pics posted earlier.

Old 14-11-11, 09:05 AM   #28
EssexDave

Offer still stands £55 refund take it or leave it. After paying for postage and packaging I've only had £84 from you.

You can keep the fairings because to put it bluntly I simply can't be arsed.

Old 14-11-11, 09:09 AM   #29
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Beginning to think it's not a good idea to buy or sell anything on the forum. Stick stuff on ebay and just allow people to advertise stuff with a link to the ebay auction.
Yep, although I have happily bought stuff from another Orger quite recently with no hassle.

I've also sold stuff too.

But I stick my stuff on EBAY now.

Just saves hassle like Dave's getting
Old 14-11-11, 09:16 AM   #30
husky03
Mega Poster

Comes down to are the items as described, if the damage has occurred in transit in my book its up to the seller to sort the issue out with the courier not the buyer- i'd refund the buyer and take it up with the courier.All a seller needs to do is open a paypal dispute, and wait for them to resolve it-i don't see why the buyer should accept a partial refund and be left with an item that is not in the condition that he wanted to purchase.
Closed Thread