SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-11, 08:35 AM   #1
jr758774c

Default Problem Resolution?

Being new to this forum, I thought I should ask what you guys normally do to resolve issues between site members, as each forum I've ever been a member of has it's own unique processs etc.....
I, unfortunately have recently bought some fairing for my curvy off here from a member who pm'd me over a wanted Ad I had up. He (I won't say his user ID just yet as he MAY eventually settle this amicably?) sold me some fairings saying they were in "as new" condition, but when they turned up they were basically junk, with scratches, chunks missing, grazes and even some damaged bits that had been badly touched up as the damage was that deep.
When I contacted him with the pics of the damage he has simply said that it's not his problem and they were as new when they left (yet unable to explain the areas that had been badly touched up) and that all the damage must have happened in transit, which I don't think is the case and is also not really my responsibility if he failed to package them safely.
So now I'm left £100 out of pocket with some fairings that I don't want and can't use... He is no longer returning my PM's regarding trying to resolve the problem - I've offered to return the items at my own expense in return for a full refund so that way he can take the issue up with the courier he used which I think is fair!?!

Here are some pics of what I received through the post - remember they were advertised as being in "As New" condition

There's more damage than that, but you get the idea of the condition

So what do you guys think I should do? I don't want to have to name and shame him on here, but at the same time I don't want another forum member to have to go through this.

Any suggestions are welcomed

Mark

Old 13-11-11, 08:53 AM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Problem Resolution?

Can you pm me with the users forum name you bought them fro
please.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 13-11-11, 09:58 AM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I've got the details and have PM'd the seller to make them aware of the situation, I've also let the other mods know about it.

I'll leave the thread open so that the seller is able to reply if they wish. I would like to get this resolved amicably and quickly.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 13-11-11, 10:40 AM   #4
Specialone

Hmmm, I'm retracting my statement also, I jumped to conclusions who it was also.

Last edited by Specialone; 13-11-11 at 08:57 PM.

Old 13-11-11, 12:41 PM   #5
Amadeus

If he's done it before, why not name and shame - prevent someone else losing £100?

Old 13-11-11, 01:45 PM   #6
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Please remember there are at least two sides to every story so lets wait a bit before we start flaming
Old 13-11-11, 07:44 PM   #7
leebex

maybe messie, but the other side of my recent buying story still hasnt been heard.

Would I still be waiting for my link pipe or cash back had I not have taken further action?

Old 13-11-11, 08:23 PM   #8
EssexDave

I am the seller. Dipper will vouch for these fairings as he saw them in person before the sale.
I will post up the pictures of the fairings before sale.

I know they were packaged with soft wrapping to make sure they arrived safely. I also offered a concession offer on the fairings (as in I refund part of the amount as a goodwill gesture)

Next thing I know I have a text message from a mod asking me to sort this out.

Now I do not even know if those pictures are the ones you are replacing as certainly they are not the ones I sent out.

You must appreciate that from my point of view, I am also losing out of I accept the return of the goods.

For the sake of sorting this out, I am willing to offer a £55 refund as I've had to pay for the postage already.

I hope next time, if you have a problem with a seller you can keep it to pm and not panic because you do not receive an immediate response as some of us have busy lives outside of the forum.

Old 13-11-11, 08:42 PM   #9
maviczap
Mega Poster

Delete my earlier post as its not who I thought was the seller was

Apologies
Old 13-11-11, 08:45 PM   #10
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Dave I also apologise as I think I've been thinking about the same person as Mavi

Post removed.

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
Closed Thread