SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 08-11-07, 07:07 PM   #1
ooger

Default Indicator housing/shell & "gear lever"?

K7 - I think all the indicators are the same but its for the front nearside. The orange plastic is smashed and the black plastic on the bottom is also smashed. Still works though.

Also, the (foot) gear lever changer has errrr....come off. Its totally sheared, so I've got the little rubbery bit with a metal core in my hand, and the lever arm itself is OK. Not sure what I need here? Help please!

The reason? Can take photos if needed.

Rode all the way to London today on my own (woo). Got there in one safe piece. Left to come home, got home in one piece.

Lost my balance pushing it back into the garage cos I was tired and had cold feet.

Smash.

I am a spaz. Thankyou.
Old 08-11-07, 07:20 PM   #2
metalmonkey

Default Re: Indicator housing/shell & "gear lever"?

Something like this happens to us all.....When I got back from the Brighton rideout I was so tried it took like 10-15 minutes to get the bike away....I was so worn out I just couldn't open the garage!

I dropped my 125, in the dark and rain early this year and broke the gear leaver, same thing got home tired from work and then smash! Doh
Old 08-11-07, 07:23 PM   #3
FG1

You should have said you were in the area. You could have checked out the fitting of the Scottoiler.
Old 08-11-07, 09:40 PM   #4
on yer bike

Sorry to hear about this, happened to me a week after getting my new sv, but it was luckily caught by the steps, so just needed a new seat panel

I have an indicator for you, as new (I think, will check if you want them). Left one for £7 or £12 for both front indis. Prices inc p&p and its from a K6.

Sorry I can't help with the leaver.

Last edited by on yer bike; 08-11-07 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-11-07, 10:50 PM   #5
Law

Sorry to hear about your drop. I have done that earlier this year.

I drillled a hole in the gear lever and put a bolt and nut through it and slid the rubber back on.*

*Ok, Dirtydog did it for me.
Old 08-11-07, 11:07 PM   #6
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post

I drillled a hole in the gear lever and put a bolt and nut through it and slid the rubber back on.*

Old 08-11-07, 11:31 PM   #7
ooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Ginger One View Post
You should have said you were in the area. You could have checked out the fitting of the Scottoiler.
Yeah, but twas a bit of a rushed (safely) journey both ways. Sorry
Old 08-11-07, 11:33 PM   #8
ooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by on yer bike View Post
Sorry to hear about this, happened to me a week after getting my new sv, but it was luckily caught by the steps, so just needed a new seat panel

I have an indicator for you, as new (I think, will check if you want them). Left one for £7 or £12 for both front indis. Prices inc p&p and its from a K6.

Sorry I can't help with the leaver.
Thanks fella, might take you up on that. At the moment I'm kind of dreading going back to the garage in the daylight - black fairings dont show cracks too well in the dark

I may as well take both if I need to. I'll let you know.
Old 08-11-07, 11:36 PM   #9
ooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post

The lesson is certainly just "take your time". Im quite honestly surprised how tiresome it can be riding for a long time....*when you learn to ride you do 3 hours in a row (ish)...but someone else puts the bike back in the shed for you.

If its as simple as that (i.e nothing special about the lever/rubber assembly) I'll give it a go. Got nothin to lose* with the busted rubber bit anyway.

*I think.

Last edited by ooger; 08-11-07 at 11:44 PM. Reason: including after riding
Old 08-11-07, 11:42 PM   #10
ooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by on yer bike View Post
You win. I've had mine ....... 12 days.

Thankfully I let it down gracefully (as much as possible without stabbing myself in the left calf) so I spared the bar ends, mirror and rear bits n bobs.

/me wishes I'd actually got the crash protectors instead of having a gun-ho approach to not dropping it cos I'm ever-so-careful.....

I gotta say though, for a 30stone bike, its not quite as hard as I though it coulda been to lift back up....after a bit of 'thinking' (they dont teach that on your CBT, funnily enough)

(Though I did shamefully cut the engine and the lights incase anyone saw and 'came to help' god forbid)