SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-11-16, 08:28 AM   #3881
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Clients expecting me to remember their bloody email account passwords.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 08:29 AM   #3882
shiftin_gear98

Thanks guys. We finally have a op date - 13th Dec. Looks like Christmas will be a little different in our house this year. I'll be running round more than normal - might have to skip the drinking before breakfast.
Especially as she is still wanting "US" - now read me - to be hosting it for all her family...
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 08:40 AM   #3883
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Clients expecting me to remember their bloody email account passwords.
Easy, password1234
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 08:43 AM   #3884
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Thanks guys. We finally have a op date - 13th Dec. Looks like Christmas will be a little different in our house this year. I'll be running round more than normal - might have to skip the drinking before breakfast.
Especially as she is still wanting "US" - now read me - to be hosting it for all her family...
Well that's quick and good.

My wife's postponed an op until after Christmas, but you missus can't wait, get it done and get on with the treatment.

Christmas dinner is all about the prep, it doesn't need to be done on the day, lots can be done before
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 12:29 PM   #3885
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post

Christmas dinner is all about the pub
Corrected for you. As already said, good news on the date SG and we all hope it goes well.
Old 22-11-16, 07:09 PM   #3886
Kenzie

Gripe is with myself tonight. Five mins out from home, the wife notices white smoke coming from the MR2, then a lot of white smoke. So she drives round the corner and calls me down. Pop the engine lid and there is oil EVERYWHERE! Turns out I didn't fully tighten the oil filler cap and it popped off. Only lost a litre which is lucky. Very messy in the engine bay though.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-16, 10:42 PM   #3887
Heorot

Saw that once on a Transit. The whole engine bay was black.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 08:58 AM   #3888
SV650rules
Mega Poster

My Bro-in-Law had a new Focus hire car a few years ago, smoke coming from under bonnet on the motorway (he wouldn't notice stuff like temperature gauge in red etc, too busy on his phone) - turned out that the mechanic who had checked oil at car hire depot had left the filler cap off, it was still lying on top of battery - car had to be towed in and needed a new engine - it is truly amazing how every last drop of engine oil can get blown out through filler cap.
'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 09:02 AM   #3889
Swin

Insomnia.
I'm currently on the 2nd day shift of a run of 3 days and 3 nights so getting plenty of rest before the ride into London to do my 11 hour day and 13 hour night shifts is important. Went to bed at a reasonable time and within an hour I was wide awake, sat up until 1am this morning and then I think I watched the clock (but at least it was warm in bed)
Feel like cack this morning and still have another day and 3 nights to work, reckon I might have to take a lunch break and doze in the telly room for an hour!
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 10:18 AM   #3890
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Swapping shifts will stuff your body up big time, used to do 3 shift rotating for a while and after week of night shift (8 hour shifts) it was at least Wednesday of following week before I stopped feeling like sh!t, trouble is it screws your digestion up as well - you poor old bowels never know when is is time to go into action. Night shifts are a big factor in people developing diabetes as your circadian rhythm (body clock) gets proper screwed up and your body just gives up the fight with your blood sugar levels etc. Between 2 and 5 in the morning was the pits, that's when mistakes get made because you brain has gone bye-byes even though you are still walking around, the first zombie book must have been written by somebody working a night shift.

I found that melatonin tablets (the slow release ones) can help you get some kip as your body naturally produces melatonin when it is normally time for sleep (and it makes seratonin in the daytime to keep you awake - you can buy this as 5-HTP tablets). Melatonin tabs can give you muscle cramps when sleeping as a side effect - but do help you sleep without the side effects and addiction problems of prescription sleeping pills.

https://sleepfoundation.org/shift-wo...-work-disorder

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 23-11-16 at 10:33 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote