SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-08-17, 07:04 PM   #4781
Trev B

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

We had all that rain yesterday,never stopped.Today has been quit nice.(sunny Worksop )
Old 09-08-17, 07:27 PM   #4782
Bibio
Mega Poster

glorious sunshine, temp in the 20's and very little wind all day here, makes a nice change from the pizzing down for the past month.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 07:56 AM   #4783
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
Energy companies. What's the point in sending in meter readings when they just make up the numbers anyway?

They say "your reading was rejected by the industry" but it's what my flippin meter says...

It doesn't make much difference this time around as I'm switching suppliers so it's simply a case of which company gets to charge me for which units, but in the past I had a huge issue with British Gas where I gave them the same readings on 5 separate occasions for them to send me 5 revised bills with the wrong readings on them. In the end I refused to pay their bill.

As far as customer interaction, all they do is receive readings and bill accordingly. You'd think they'd be good at it by now.
Had a phone call out of the blue a few weeks ago the woman introduced herself as being from my energy supplier, she said that they needed gas and electric meter readings. I asked her why, having been with the company for at least 6 years and giving them regular email readings before every bill and never ringing me before they would suddenly ring me and ask for a reading (to get it I would have to find meter box key, go out in the rain and ring her back anyway, and the chances of finding most customers at home during the day must be pretty slim anyway), she said I was on a list given to her and she would take my name off the list for future calls, but I did not give her a readings and I still don't know to this day if she was genuine. I have seen scams of people being asked for readings and suddenly finding they have been switched to another supplier.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 10-08-17 at 08:03 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 10:01 AM   #4784
ophic
Mega Poster

British Gas once initiated a switch of my gas supply without my permission. Didn't know anything about it until my existing supplier sent me an email to say sorry you're leaving us. I immediately tried to stop it but apparently it was too late and they had to switch it then switch it back.

The whole thing is a very poor setup. It seems unscrupulous suppliers can do what they want and British Gas are among the worst in my experience.
Old 10-08-17, 10:38 AM   #4785
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Had a phone call out of the blue a few weeks ago the woman introduced herself as being from my energy supplier, she said that they needed gas and electric meter readings. I asked her why,........
I had a similar out of the blue call from someone saying they were from my bank explaining they needed to discuss a recent transaction (some money had been deposited from abroad). I said "go ahead" at which they said they needed to ask me some security questions first to make sure I was the account holder. They were quite taken aback when I then told them I certainly wouldn't be disclosing any such information until he answered some questions from me to confirm he really was from the bank...... You can imagine the circles we went round in for a few minutes until I eventually concluded the call by saying I would call their account security office, and no thanks, I'll look the number up myself.....
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 11:06 AM   #4786
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
I had a similar out of the blue call from someone saying they were from my bank explaining they needed to discuss a recent transaction (some money had been deposited from abroad).

I've had one of those too, and they got quite narky with me when I refused to give any security info to a call from the blue. I called a number I knew to be genuine and it was indeed my bank's fraud department calling to check on an odd transaction from overseas. You would have thought a fraud department would be understanding when a customer refuses to divulge account details to a stranger.
Old 10-08-17, 07:59 PM   #4787
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

My mother had several calls from a bank last year wishing to have a discussion with her and she kept hanging up saying it must have been a fraud. Unfortunately it was the mortgage department calling to discuss the fact that my estranged father had unbeknownst to my mother only paid the interest and the balance was due imminently. They did eventually write but that was to say they were starting repossession proceedings. Not really a helpful way to deal with someone elderly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-17, 05:35 PM   #4788
BanannaMan

Donald Trump's America.

No wonder our state's lottery headquarters is located next to an airport.
If I won that would be the first place I would go!

Things may not be perfect in the UK but you do have the best healthcare in the world and it's free!

Half of the people in the UK didn't go to bed several nights last week wondering if they were going to wske up to a nuclear war.

And no city in the UK today had to be declared 'in a state of emergency' where the Army had to be called in to try to stop the race rioting in the streets .

This is happening right now in the streets outside the hospital where we have to take our grandson who had a heart transplant.
He last went there Thursday, leaving less than 24 hrs before the riots began.

No comment from the White House and there wont be.
The rioters are Trump supporters.
Last night they chanted Nazi slogans for the tv cameras.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 12-08-17 at 05:43 PM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 05:42 PM   #4789
Kenzie

It's an insane time that we live in right now. Just hope things calm down before things go too far.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 06:22 PM   #4790
Bibio
Mega Poster

rest assured Bill, if North Korea did launch nukes at the USA they would be blown out the sky before they had a chance to come back down again.

if i was a leader of country and kept getting threatened and bullied i think i would want to send a message as well.

people are drip fed propaganda on TV and media and are told who to hate. their country and or a consortium of other country's all gang up on the little country's telling them what they can and cant do. when these little country's retaliate they are branded as terrorists. Jong-un is sending a message saying leave me alone and the big bully's dont like it. North Korea is only doing what everybody else with nuclear power is doing and that is protecting themselves with nuclear weapons. problem is they are not part of the big boys toys club.

Bully's.. sorry you cant have nuclear power/weapons. bullied.. why not you have them..... and the fights begin.

BTW i think that Jong-un is a delusional nut job.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote