SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 13-04-20, 08:36 AM   #6911
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I'm sure I read somewhere that Pentaxes prefer SR44s to the alkaline LR44s.
I'm glad the XE1 is working well Kenzie. It's a nice camera. I hadn't seen that site before but can add it to my Minolta resource list.
Most of my cameras seem to be working OK. All I've done is clean up and reseal a few neglected ones but I've run out of strings. Waiting for an Aki Asahi delivery.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-20, 12:51 PM   #6912
Kenzie

It doesn't seem to be sticking in Auto either. The only thing I can't seem to sort is the double exposure lever.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-20, 07:55 PM   #6913
yokohama

I got out of the house for the first time in a few days. Loaded up the Fed 2 with a roll of expired 400asa Superia and went out for a walk. I was pretty much taking photos of anything, including several of the inside of a lens cap. Damn rangefinders. Managed 18 shots through the Industar 26. Swopped it for a Jupiter 8 to finish the roll off.
Old 19-04-20, 10:00 PM   #6914
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Lolz. I was taking fairy door pictures in the garden today with the spawn, started using the OM-1 Kenzie! We'll do some more while out walking. He composition was good but thumping the shutter button so most of them had camera shake.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-20, 07:01 AM   #6915
Kenzie

I have been out a few times for a ride but need to get out today and stretch the legs. Leave has been extended by another three weeks. How are you finding the OM1 JR? Couple of failed repairs today, tried to fixed an OM Winder 2 which had some battery leakage but despite cleaning up the contacts it just doesn't want to work. I also attempted to fix an Auto Chinon 50mm f1.9, while I suceeded in fixing the loose lens mount and sorting the missing apeture click, I failed to notice one of the inner elements was starting to seperate. Oh well.

Last edited by Kenzie; 20-04-20 at 07:47 AM.
Old 20-04-20, 08:19 PM   #6916
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

So far so good, the finder is nice and bright compared to the Pentaxes I have. Not convinced the meter is right, and it does suffer from light getting in via the eyepiece and making it read too high. It just seems inconsistent, especially in low light. Seems better if you leave it switched on for a while. I meant to meter manually as well but I had the X30 in my other hand and was trying to wrangle the spawn as well, so just went with the TTL meter.
Yoko, what have you ordered? I spotted a nice Contessa LKE on fleabay, relisted now for a quid less, might get it. Edit - unless someone else wants it. Or I could get it, sort it, and pass it on.
Old 20-04-20, 08:35 PM   #6917
yokohama

Ordered? You mean from Aki Asahi? Nothing much. A new skin for a Yashica and some foam for light seals. His foam strings make the door channel seals a doddle.
Old 20-04-20, 08:36 PM   #6918
Kenzie

Johnny, part of the prism swap involved removing some foam from under the top plate, maybe it's leaking a bit? I've not had issues with my other one. I did pick up another Voigtlander Bessa, but it's a later model with the silver fronted shutter. Plan is to transfer the shutter to a Bessa 1 body that I have. 124107642513

Last edited by Kenzie; 20-04-20 at 08:39 PM.
Old 22-04-20, 05:52 PM   #6919
yokohama

Note the lacerations on the end of the finger and the middle joint.

The reason?? Fine Russian Engineering

Old 22-04-20, 08:27 PM   #6920
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Knurled with a capital F. Kenzie, not sure re. OM-1 leak, probably would benefit from an eye cup, and from me not having to wear glasses!