SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-11-06, 09:23 AM   #1
rpwoodman

Default Motorway fun

Maybe it's me and the fact that I find cows really funny, but this made me laugh. Nice vid.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...way/article.do
Old 02-11-06, 09:36 AM   #2
Bluepete
Mega Poster

"so they had to shoot it"

Then they all went in for a slap up BBQ!

Very good indeed. I remember a bull getting loose in Philips Park in Newton Heath in Manchester years ago. The firearms lads were BEGGING to be able to shoot it "in case it went near someone"

We were falling over laughing watching them stalk it through the playground and towards the five a side pitch before finally being given the go ahead to shoot it near the net ball court! Jeez they thought they were sooooooo cool.
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-06, 09:43 AM   #3
rpwoodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete
"so they had to shoot it"

Then they all went in for a slap up BBQ!

Very good indeed. I remember a bull getting loose in Philips Park in Newton Heath in Manchester years ago. The firearms lads were BEGGING to be able to shoot it "in case it went near someone"

We were falling over laughing watching them stalk it through the playground and towards the five a side pitch before finally being given the go ahead to shoot it near the net ball court! Jeez they thought they were sooooooo cool.
How many times did they shoot it?

(and I've just noticed the "spelling cow" link you get below the edit window when you reply to a post - super!)
Old 02-11-06, 09:58 AM   #4
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Just the once, one of those solid shot 12 guage rounds kind of did the job. It had escaped from the abatoir so it hadn't even cooled before it was back again!
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-06, 10:32 AM   #5
rpwoodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete
Just the once, one of those solid shot 12 guage rounds kind of did the job. It had escaped from the abatoir so it hadn't even cooled before it was back again!
I love cows, but that does make me chuckle. I kind of thought that it may have been peppered by 5 guys with MP5s, going from your initial comments! If it had been carrying a table leg, maybe it wuold have been!

Chucling about that will get me through the day - thanks!
Old 02-11-06, 10:34 AM   #6
Amanda M

I saw that on the news last night. He was being all brave and then bricked it and legged it off dead funny
Old 02-11-06, 10:39 AM   #7
rpwoodman

Actually, that reminds me of an incident in Turkey (the country).
I was in a bus, traveling down a motorway and ended up in a traffic jam. Was in the traffic jam for a good couple of hours, slowly moving forward. We got to the front, and it turned out that a cow had wandered into the road and been hit by a car, causing considerable damage to the car, and indeed, the cow. The car owner was shouting at anybody who would listen, wanting to know who was going to pay for the damage to his car, the cow owner was demanding to know who was going to pay for his cow, and in the mean time a number of other people had produced large knives and were cutting choice cuts off the cow!
The bus driver seemed to know a number of people at the scene, so he jumped out and joined in the argument. We were there for about another hour until someone pointed out to the driver that really, he should be driving the bus as opposed to lamenting the poor old cow!