SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-03-18, 10:35 PM   #111
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread.

That was a good pace on your run today considering a lot of it looked to be trail running!

I find the bottle belts (if you find a decent one) work best with the bottle at the front and the belt done up quite tightly. I have one or two here that are like yours, and bounce around and rotate. They don't get used any more!

Got my longer (for me) run in today. Should have been 7 miles but the Garmin missed the first little bit off for some reason. It was a loop I used to do quite a lot but it's been several months since I last did it. I remembered today what a nice route it is, even though a couple of miles of it are, of necessity, tarmac albeit little used single lane back roads. A lot of the trail was very muddy which does slow things down a bit. However I got a pretty decent time door to door, so I'm happy with that.

I shall rest up a bit tomorrow in prep for Sundays 10k event.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1467163048
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-18, 10:10 AM   #112
shiftin_gear98

I had planned to go out this morning but some fish I ate yesterday decided to mess with those plans. It really wouldn't be a good idea to chance it. I'm hoping I get out to run later this evening. Good luck with your race.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-18, 02:43 PM   #113
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Just back from a great little event, the Myddle Multi Terrain fun run over the border in Shropshire. This is organised each year by the staff and PTA of the village school and it's a really enjoyable event. The scrupulous organisation and attention to detail would put one or two bigger organisations to shame. Lovely varied course, including plenty of mud and the obligatory killer hill or two, and free hot drinks and cakes for all the participants (although Sioned and I didn't have cake as we're both vegan and the cakes weren't!)

Pretty pleased with my placing of 11th out of 63 runners in the 10k race, and happy with my pace and run time too. A very enjoyable morning.

Strava stuff here
Old 25-03-18, 02:45 PM   #114
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Hope the fish related instability has sorted itself Martin!
Old 25-03-18, 06:16 PM   #115
shiftin_gear98

So far so good, thankfully. I'll still skip today's run though as I'm not really feeling it now. Well done on the race. Cracking pace.
Old 25-03-18, 09:59 PM   #116
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Thanks. I'm feeing it now! Got a few pictures I'll try and post tomorrow.
Old 26-03-18, 01:05 PM   #117
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Some pictures of yesterdays event.

Just starting mile 2.

Myddle18-2
by garynortheast, on Flickr

Around about mile 5 after a killer hill and with another one just around the corner!

Myddlewoods (3)

My wife, Marilyn on mile 2 of the 5k. She had to accompany Sioned in her race as Sioned is under 17. Sioned however, had taken off and left her by this point!

Marilyn-Myddle (1)

The only one of my two daughters to run, Sioned, two thirds of the way around her 5k route.

Sioned-Myddle (3)

Just finished.

Finished

Sioned post race with a very respectable mid field result, having raced against a lot of adults.

Sioned post-race

Mabel with our medal!

Mabel at the finish (1)

With another canicrosser, Naomi, who I see at event quite often and who is considerably faster than me!

2 canicrossers
Old 26-03-18, 01:49 PM   #118
shiftin_gear98

No wonder she obviously cheats. She's got two dogs pulling her along.
Best check her shoes next time to see that they aren't Heelys!!

Looks like a good family day out.
Old 28-03-18, 09:22 AM   #119
garynortheast
Mega Poster

It was a cracking day, perfect weather for it too!

Out yesterday for a run with Sioned, on a route suggested by her. A really enjoyable 6¼ miles including a leg out and back which I've walked but not run before. A lovely section which follows Afon Efyrnwy towards Pontllogel and back. We'll have to do it again so I can get some pictures next time.

The longest run Sioned has done and she thoroughly enjoyed herself. She seems to have rediscovered the running bug!

Allt Dolanog-Pontllogel and back-forest
Old 28-03-18, 11:35 AM   #120
shiftin_gear98

Must be nice having a running partner, even when my boys come with me they are on their bikes, so they are both off. They then wait till I catch up then shoot off again. So not quite the same as someone actually with you running.
Managed to get out last night, and the lure of a bridleway that I have passed a few times before got the better of me. It started off really nice running through slightly muddy fields the sun was just starting to go down. Then it got dark really bloody quickly just as I got to a wooded section, which didn't help as I was lost and struggling to find the path again. When I did it took me through a stream. Which to be honest was quite refreshing! If a little soggy from then on. I was quite glad to finally get back to a track I knew.
And not get shot by a farmer for trespassing!!

I might leave the next freestyle foray for when it's not about to get dark. Apparently I ran past a watermill, which was probably quite nice, if i could have seen it!! I was glad I picked up the head torch on my way out the door or I wouldn't have made it back in time to collect my eldest from Cubs. As it was I only just got back for him.

Still It was nice to get out, especially after missing Sundays run. And due to work this week!!