SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-02-18, 07:56 AM   #51
shiftin_gear98

Default Re: The running thread.

Nice, she's obviously more hard core (and fitter) than me. Hopefully I'll get there sometime this year.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-18, 07:32 PM   #52
shiftin_gear98

Just got back from another night run. So looking forward to nicer evenings, as my nose didn't stop running, must be a down side of running when it's freezing and ****ing down. 6.1miles, yes even lugged the phone with me. This thread has a lot to answer for.
Namely my ever decreasing bulk. This is getting quite addictive.
Old 14-02-18, 08:13 AM   #53
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Just got back from another night run. So looking forward to nicer evenings, as my nose didn't stop running, must be a down side of running when it's freezing and ****ing down. 6.1miles, yes even lugged the phone with me. This thread has a lot to answer for.
Namely my ever decreasing bulk. This is getting quite addictive.
Well done on getting out there in the adverse conditions, it makes the runs in the good weather all the sweeter!

It is definitely addictive. It's interesting that when people ask why I run, I'm unable to answer them in a manner they can fully understand. Anyone else who runs regularly however, knows exactly what the reasons are.

I'm off out shortly for my first run in over a week because of this horrible cold I've had. Still a bit chesty so it'll be a slow, gentle run to ease back in. I have a social run of about 10k with a group of canicrossers from Shropshire on Sunday afternoon at Whixhall Moss nature reserve on the Welsh borders, so I need a couple of runs done before then.

If you're tracking your runs SG, how about posting up a link to them so we can see your route?
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-18, 09:04 AM   #54
shiftin_gear98

I'll try on my next outing maybe starting just down the road, if I post last nights it will literally start at my front door and end there too - Map My Run zooms in pretty close. Not sure I want my drives exact location posted on a public forum. Good luck with todays outing.
Old 14-02-18, 12:45 PM   #55
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Got out for my regular morning loop at last, just as it started chucking big wet snowflakes at me! It was slow and hard going, especially that first half a mile, but it was so good to get out again and run.

Muddy too in places. My shoes, Mabel, and her harness are now pretty mucky!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1406900242
Old 15-02-18, 09:06 PM   #56
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quick 5 and a bit mile mountain bike ride round a section of Dyfnant forest late this afternoon, just to keep the legs going. Forgot to start the Garmin again until I was a good mile into the ride, doh! Mabel followed, or sometimes led me round, running free. She's bloody fast when she stretches out, poetry in motion.

Run tomorrow morning. I might see about doing one of my longer loops as I need to start building distance again now.
Old 16-02-18, 02:30 PM   #57
shiftin_gear98

Hoping to get out soon to enjoy the sunshine! Just got to get the chore of work out of the way first!
Tried to post a link of tonight's loop, however it linked to show all my other loops too.
I will have to try to figure out how to stop that, as they all start on my doorstep!

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 16-02-18 at 02:34 PM.
Old 16-02-18, 07:28 PM   #58
shiftin_gear98

Well I managed to do the loop I plotted today, 7 miles. It started as a bit of a slog. Probably due to having eaten bugger all today. Still got round and even pushed myself. Got to see a fair few of the locals. Rabbits, Muncjac - no idea if spelt right. Buzzard, Hawk, Kestrel and Fox.
Even stopped for a quick snap. Which I can't seem to find that code on my phone. So this'll have to do till later. Tonight's Run by martin cockerell, on Flickr

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 19-02-18 at 10:34 AM.
Old 16-02-18, 11:07 PM   #59
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I didn't realise when I started this running lark, just how much eating or not eating impacted on my running. Huge effect though. The same goes for getting enough sleep before a run for me.

Tidy distance that, and a nice picture too.

I'm off to parkrun tomorrow morning, at Erddig near Wrecsam.
Old 17-02-18, 07:50 PM   #60
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Damn, woke up too late to go to parkrun so I did my local loop instead.

Got a 10k run with a crowd of other canix folk tomorrow, at Whixall Moss. Should be fun.