SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-03-09, 10:12 AM   #1
TheStudent

Default Testing my "ALL NEW" curvy in Buxton 15/3.

This will be my third season now, just spent the last two months Sundays doing a bunch of work, most importantly the following...
  • Hagon Progressive Fork Springs & Oil
  • Hagon Rear Shock (Not yet setup for me, still in 2nd hand position I bought it in)
  • Braided Brake Lines & Fluid
  • Full Service
Finished the bike yesterday about 13:00, the sun was out so went out for a raz on my tod.

Crewe > Congleton > Buxton Rd > C&F > Macc > Congleton > Crewe.

Results: Having not ridden for seven months due to injury, it's difficult to say the exact difference, the very first thing I noticed was the front brakes, they were amazing, part of me thinks it might just be in my head, but they were damn good! Once I got towards the Peak District, started going a little quicker, leaning a bit more... Have to say, the bike felt alot more solid on bigger leans, not as wobbly or unstable, really enjoyed it! After two hours riding, felt like I never stopped.

Unfortunately I did pass an ambulance, police car and a smashed up bike two bends past the pub :s. Had a green pointy following me back down towards Macc actually, both slowed by a "cool" squad strolling through the bends on their supersports.

Need to get me some long johns, I was freezing!

Overall: RESULT!