SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Gloves Post your own reviews on Gloves here

Old 10-10-06, 08:29 PM   #1
I'm_a_Newbie

Default Excellent Winter Gloves

After having one pair of IXS Gloves for 2 years I decided to buy another pair. This time I went for a pair of IXS North Gloves. These have a waterproof Goretex lining, have good insulation and one of the best parts of all they have a rubber visor wiper on the left thumb which is excellent at clearing light rain, spray and fog etc off the visor.

My last pair of IXS gloves only failed because I burnt them on the exhaust headers of a GS500 I did my DAS on in February, otherwsie they would still be good. I ride all year round nearly every day so they got a lot of use.

Well recommended.

Tim
Old 10-10-06, 09:16 PM   #2
Grinch

Default Re: Excellent Winter Gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm_a_Newbie
After having one pair of IXS Gloves for 2 years I decided to buy another pair. This time I went for a pair of IXS North Gloves. These have a waterproof Goretex lining, have good insulation and one of the best parts of all they have a rubber visor wiper on the left thumb which is excellent at clearing light rain, spray and fog etc off the visor.

My last pair of IXS gloves only failed because I burnt them on the exhaust headers of a GS500 I did my DAS on in February, otherwsie they would still be good. I ride all year round nearly every day so they got a lot of use.

Well recommended.

Tim
Dam it when I was looking for a pair like that could I find any!
Old 10-10-06, 09:22 PM   #3
Kate

have a look for Racer winter gloves. They have the gore-tex lining and are fully waterproof keeping hands nice and toasty. What I particularly like about them is that they aren't bulky like most winter gloves I've seen.
Old 10-10-06, 09:22 PM   #4
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

How much? Where from? I take it they are warm winter gloves? Textile not leather? whats the protection like? Anyone else with recommendations?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-06, 09:59 PM   #5
I'm_a_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
How much? Where from? I take it they are warm winter gloves? Textile not leather? whats the protection like? Anyone else with recommendations?
I got them from J & S Accessories in Cowplain. You can also get them from their website www.jsaccessories.co.uk. They cost £39.99 plus £7 delivery if you use web. They are a mixture of textile and leather. The palms are made from one piece of leather with a bit of padding over the base of the palm which looks like it could be suede. The thumb is all leather. The knuckle area is leather as is the backs of the fingers. The knuckle area also has some padding but does not have the armour of some styles of gloves. These have quite a long gaunlet design to help keep out wind and stop rain running down inside the glove. Part of the cuff area is also leather. Each glove has two velco adjusters, one in the wrist area and the other at the opening. Some gloves I have tried have really awkward adjusting straps that also feel uncomfortable. These are great. Easy to adjust with the gloves on. These gloves do not restrict movement too much. The leather is very soft.

The last pair of IXS gloves kept me warm fairly well except for the coldest days last winter when I also used an inner glove. The insulation in these feels better so hopefully I won't need the inner gloves this year.

I did my DAS in early February and it was between + 4 to -4 and I was out in it for 5 hours a day for 3 days. Yes my fingers got cold but only when it was really below zero.

Also the previous pair was waterproof even though they did not have the Goretex lining this pair has.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Tim
Old 04-11-06, 05:15 PM   #6
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm_a_Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
I got them from J & S Accessories in Cowplain. You can also get them from their website www.jsaccessories.co.uk. They cost £39.99 plus £7 delivery if you use web. They are a mixture of textile and leather. The palms are made from one piece of leather with a bit of padding over the base of the palm which looks like it could be suede. The thumb is all leather. The knuckle area is leather as is the backs of the fingers. The knuckle area also has some padding but does not have the armour of some styles of gloves. These have quite a long gaunlet design to help keep out wind and stop rain running down inside the glove. Part of the cuff area is also leather. Each glove has two velco adjusters, one in the wrist area and the other at the opening. Some gloves I have tried have really awkward adjusting straps that also feel uncomfortable. These are great. Easy to adjust with the gloves on. These gloves do not restrict movement too much. The leather is very soft.

The last pair of IXS gloves kept me warm fairly well except for the coldest days last winter when I also used an inner glove. The insulation in these feels better so hopefully I won't need the inner gloves this year.

I did my DAS in early February and it was between + 4 to -4 and I was out in it for 5 hours a day for 3 days. Yes my fingers got cold but only when it was really below zero.

Also the previous pair was waterproof even though they did not have the Goretex lining this pair has.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Tim
lots of info do they feel bulky ?

£34.03 Add to cart

IXS North Glove

The IXS North glove is constructed of Airdura and nappa cowhide and features reinforced palm with Chamude leather, Gore-tex insert in 3D Bemberg inner lining, fibre filling, Thermolite insulation, knuckle padding and an adjustable wrist width for variable sizing.

Sizes: XS - XXXL Colours: Black or Red

J&S Price: £39.99 Incl VAT

Carriage: £5
Old 06-11-06, 02:09 AM   #7
I'm_a_Newbie

Hi All.

Just an update for you on the IXS North Gloves. I have just bought an IXS Gore-Tex jacket and these gloves do not go to well with the jacket. The first time it rained the water ran down my sleeves and into the gloves. Because these gloves have a long and wide cuff it is very difficult/almost impossible to get the Gore_Tex liner of the jacket over the cuff of the glove.

I popped into Heine Gericke a couple of days ago. They have a winter glove that looks like it would go really well with my IXS jacket. I can't remember the name of them but they have an inner and an outer cuff. The outer cuff can fold right back. The inner cuff is very slim and contains the Gore-Tex lining, the inner liner of the jacket can easily slip over this then the outer cuff of the jacket and then the outer cuff of the gloves. The only drawback is they cost £60

Kind regards
Tim