SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-06-17, 04:29 PM   #4551
BanannaMan

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post

dear American's you voted him in so fekin live with it and how about instead of slandering him at every turn you support him.. you never know he might just do things different.

Rude comments deleted.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 08-06-17 at 02:24 AM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 05:37 PM   #4552
Red ones
Mega Poster

Donald

I use his first name rather like a local newspaper would for a child. He has the cheek to criticise Sadiq Khan and his son says Khan needs to get off his backside and do something. Look at yourself Donald. Think gun crime, think police brutality and incarceration of black people. Look at the choice of security advisors and behaviors. Look at Flynn and Comey. Look at healthcare (and how great the Australian system is!) Look at a great businessman who would be worth more if he had just invested his inheritance and had played golf instead of running the business. Look at a man who values his name as an asset and wires the value down as a loss so he didn't have to pay tax for 8 years.

I don't see a nan who puts his country first.

Why do I care other than having family? Why do I care that we have a PM who coseys up to him and fails to criticise when he is wrong and insulting? Why should also care the same PM had promised to rip up Human Rights Laws on Friday?

Thanks
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 05:54 PM   #4553
Bibio
Mega Poster

now now Bill that was not aimed at you personally.

yes i'm thankful i was born into a society that supports its public in time of need. its not our fault that my wife suffered a brain haemorrhage but like i said i'm thankful i stay where i do. before such times i worked and paid into society.

well we are supporting a PM that we never voted in but we shall see what happens with the results after polling day and like you we shall have to live with who gets in whether i personally like it or not but the majority has spoken.

ooohhh and i live in ex council chav housing but does that make me a chav?

i'm surprised as its not like you Bill, you must be pizzed off. but hey we all do at some point
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 07:09 PM   #4554
pookie

Thursday cant come soon enough!
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 02:19 AM   #4555
BanannaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
now now Bill that was not aimed at you personally.

yes i'm thankful i was born into a society that supports its public in time of need. its not our fault that my wife suffered a brain haemorrhage but like i said i'm thankful i stay where i do. before such times i worked and paid into society.

well we are supporting a PM that we never voted in but we shall see what happens with the results after polling day and like you we shall have to live with who gets in whether i personally like it or not but the majority has spoken.

ooohhh and i live in ex council chav housing but does that make me a chav?

i'm surprised as its not like you Bill, you must be pizzed off. but hey we all do at some point

My apologies Bibs.
Been a rough week here. A/C died, grandson had an operation, cat died in my arms yesterday.
Still that is no excuse. My apologies. I really should not have said that.

Especially considering that I am, in fact, jealous of your healthcare system.
That because I am already a victim of America's healthcare system, for care that would have been free in the UK.
I hate to think millions more would suffer the same under ol' orange hair.

I chose to keep my house but it's costing me more than half of my
gross pay for the next 5 1/2 years to pay the hospital bills my (supposedly good) insurance would not cover,
while I raise a grandson, a heart transplant patient that can't get assistance because my gross pay is too much, even though they know
they are getting more than half of it!

The operation that removed about third of my digestive system and the following care is what was so expensive.
Their first option to me was to call my family in and say goodbye.
The second was the operation with less than 10% chance of survival.
I took the second option but if they had told me how much pain and suffering it was and then the cost,
I don't know that I would have.

Later I was told they always give you what they think is your best option first.

I am sorry about your wife.

And while where you live doesn't matter in most cases,
I think it might be just enough to put you over top and into chav status.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 06:40 AM   #4556
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Bill, sorry to hear about your cat. On top of everything else.

My mum in law had her second knee replaced in 4 months yesterday. Done by a very good surgeon at the local private hospital but paid for by the NHS. This is after they had faffed around for ages with her GP doing nothing and then I wrote down this surgeon's name, gave it to mum in law and said she must insist on seeing this chap. Most private surgeons still do a bit of NHS.

Within weeks of seeing him she'd had the first op. Then he called her back earlier than expected for the second. That's probably £25000 worth of treatment at least.

I may moan about a lot of things but on this occasion the NHS paying for her care has been superb.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-17, 07:00 AM   #4557
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Bill, really sorry to hear you're having such a poor time of it lately. Your post should make everyone of us who doesn't already understand, just how precious our NHS is here in Britain, and why it is so essential to fight for it.
I hope things improve for you, nobody needs to be dealing with crap like that all the time.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 07:57 AM   #4558
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanannaMan View Post
Especially considering that I am, in fact, jealous of your healthcare system.
That because I am already a victim of America's healthcare system, for care that would have been free in the UK.
I hate to think millions more would suffer the same under ol' orange hair.
Sorry to hear of your problems Bill, the way things are going, it won't be long before our healthcare system is like yours, if the powers that be get their way.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 08:42 AM   #4559
SV650rules
Mega Poster

The NHS has a problem inasmuch as it is free at point of use and gets abused scandalously, also when private medical companies f^ck up, it is the NHS that gets to pick up the pieces, people have private care and it goes wrong and makes them worse, the NHS sorts it out and then the patient sues the NHS because it is easier than suing the private company, no wonder private companies love the UK so much. Private care companies only really want the short term high profit operations - when it comes to chronic long term stuff they don't want to know, they are in a win-win situation really, with the NHS as their backstop. I lived in Aussie for many years and their government healthcare (medicare) is a mix of public and private, but for most people it is not free at point of use. There is a set 'fee' for everything from a doctors consultation to a brain transplant, if the professional who handles your care charges the same as the governments set fee, you pay up front and claim that fee back from medicare, if they charge more you still pay up front and can claim back the fee, but the extra they charged called the 'gap' and you cannot claim that back. Everyone entitled to care has a medicare card with their number on it, this means that unlike UK where a doctor or hospital is never sure if a person is entitled to free care, in Aussie the doctor knows straight away, and a doctor could access you treatment record from anywhere in the country via your medicare number, even if you had changed address etc. The NHS needs reform because it is unsustainable in its present form, there are just too many demands on it.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 08-06-17 at 08:44 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 01:16 PM   #4560
Chris_SVS

Bike delivered at 8:30 this morning and in for MOT at 10.30 at a test centre 20miles away,battery flat due to Datatool alarm constantly going off, later found winter mode/ferry mode. Got a soaking riding to centre which was a good chance to test my new kit(ebay cheapish stuff, RK Sports?)

Anyway it passed, bike is lovely to ride with the exception of the tyres (squared) Luckily the MOT tester didn't mind giving a push to bump start it

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 08-06-17 at 01:20 PM.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote