SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-07-17, 08:53 PM   #4731
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Never use UPS for your parcels. They have now "lost" a second package of 100 of our new CDs. That's 200 CDs in 3 weeks with a combined retail value of £2000.
Useless Pile of Sh1t5.

I spoke with the Deeside distribution Centre, the final point from where the package was dispatched, and on their advice left a signed and dated note on the back door instructing the driver to do what all the other courier drivers do, and leave the parcel in the kitchen, and then take the note as proof of delivery. I put up on the lane outside the house a large, laminated, sign saying "UPS Delivery" and an arrow pointing to the back door which was all of 8 - 10 steps away.

The note is still on the back door, there are no CDs and no card from the driver. I don't think the skeevy, useless b@st@rds have even been to the village.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-17, 09:38 PM   #4732
Trev B

Bloody UK weather,thinking I'll get the bike out then,absolutely pizza it down,1 hour later brilliant sun.
Old 01-08-17, 07:01 AM   #4733
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Piggle waking me up at 4am every day. He seems to have a real issue with herring gulls and about this time every day they fly over our house making loads of noise.

Piggle then comes in from the garden and sits at the bottom of the stairs making a godawful racket, really wailing and distressed not his usual squeaky miows. Even yelling at him to shut up makes no difference. I usually have to go downstairs and carry him upstairs before he stops.

Can you get phobia counselling for felines?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-17, 09:55 AM   #4734
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Piggle waking me up at 4am every day. He seems to have a real issue with herring gulls and about this time every day they fly over our house making loads of noise.

Piggle then comes in from the garden and sits at the bottom of the stairs making a godawful racket, really wailing and distressed not his usual squeaky miows. Even yelling at him to shut up makes no difference. I usually have to go downstairs and carry him upstairs before he stops.

Can you get phobia counselling for felines?

How about getting some stuffed toys that look like gulls? When he makes the racket throw them at him - it will either make him go back outside or he play with them and realise they're not all that bad. Alternatively borrow some cricket balls from work and throw those at him*.

*not a serious suggestion! Obviously.
Old 01-08-17, 10:14 AM   #4735
maviczap
Mega Poster

Waiting at my mum's house for a bloke to come round and measure up for the sale. Supposed to be here at 10.30.
I don't think he's going to show, so guess what I'll be changing estate agents.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-17, 05:22 PM   #4736
pookie

Spending time with people who constantly cant wont do anything ( even breathing is too much effort )
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-17, 05:42 PM   #4737
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Alternatively borrow some cricket balls from work and throw those at him*.

*not a serious suggestion! Obviously.
Why is it not a serious suggestion, I would happily throw cricket balls at the multitude of local cats who use our garden as a hanky panky area, an area to have fights and make lots of noise, a public toilet, where they just have to dig in the nice soft soil you just spent ages sieving to plant stuff, and dig up the stuff you just planted and leave stinking turds as a substitute.

Cats are like Marmite, but unfortunately its illegal to put them in jars.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 01:42 PM   #4738
shiftin_gear98

My kids love cats, whenever one tries to have a crap in our garden it's time to start the game of who can soak it first. Supersoaker at the ready.

I like marmite, just don't like cat crap.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 05:40 PM   #4739
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Just chuck some orange and lemon slices about in the flower beds and they'll poo in someone else's garden.

My cats have a litter box. Piggle won't use it, he prefers to use my herb garden. He also has a scratching post which he ignores in favour of the laundry basket next to it.

Cats are idiots but I wouldn't be without mine, even if Iggle did check that I hadn't overslept this morning by chewing my eyelid 30 seconds before my alarm went off.

Old 02-08-17, 08:34 PM   #4740
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Just chuck some orange and lemon slices about in the flower beds and they'll poo in someone else's garden.

He prefers to use my herb garden.
I have tried everything from mothballs to cat pepper to cat repellent sprays, to ultrasonic electronic squeakers - cost me a fortune - ended up with an automated supersoaker, with a hose pipe https://www.amazon.co.uk/Contech-Sca.../dp/B005MW9VOM , battery and a PIR sensor. Sprays water over a wide area when PIR is triggered, have to keep moving it around as they suss out where it is. Still a bit kinder than the catapult I used for a while - and its always ready for action even at night.

How come dog owners get fines if they don't scoop up the poo and take it away, where cat owners just send their cats out to poo anywhere (imagine your kid playing in the garden and getting cat poo on its hands, cat poo is worse for human health than anything Sadaam Hussein was supposed to have) - horse riders are the same, they can leave a 10Kg poo in the middle of the footpath or road and just ride off.

If it poos in its owners garden it's not a proper cat - mommy cats are supposed to teach them to poo in other peoples gardens.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 02-08-17 at 08:38 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote