SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-10-04, 05:50 AM   #1
wigan650s

Default rockingham trackday

finally found some pics from the dunlop sponsored trackday(thanks to amarko for letting me have it)

the day was run by the california superbike school (trainers were on hand to offer advice)with free drinks and food laid on plus trailers from dunlop and yamaha and a stunt display by craig jones at dinner

it was my first trackday(well the first i actually managed to get on track at)and to say i was nervous was an understatement,however rockingham is perfect for a novice(national circuit)its pretty short no long straights and relatively flat so hardly any blind bends,it was also helped by hardly anyone turning up(about 16 out of 56 these were split into 3 groups so most of the time i was on track with just a triumph speed triple for company).no idea how many laps i got in but managed around 120 miles track time.
the day was fantastic the rain held off everyone was friendly and helpful and a few famous faces were knocking about on and off track.i dint break any records(tbh i was propably very crap)but managed what i set out to do which was to touch the pegs down.special mention goes to the dunlop 208's i was on they were faultless never skipped or slid prompted oodles of confidence and still had some tread to go despite the pegs hitting tarmac

thanks again to amarko for donating the day to me(a pints in the post)

steve parrishe's R1 behind my sv

steve parrish in front of my sv wondering what w****r is taking photos of his R1

I'M SURE A V-ROD SHOULDTN DO THAT

NUTTERS ..nuff said

front chicken strip

rear chicken strip

more pics here
http://www.picman.co.uk/cgi-bin/sear...9&ALL_BIKES&&1
Old 10-10-04, 09:06 AM   #2
ANDYTEE

Default Trackday

Nice pics - I'm inspired to try myself. Was having so few bikes on track useful? When I was motocrossing, I usually tried to follow someone faster on the basis if they can do it I can too. This seemed to be the best way to go faster.
Old 10-10-04, 09:43 AM   #3
wigan650s

i think it depends how and where you ride,,i found it useful at rockingham having less on the track,i tend to get paranoid about frikkin things up for the people behind even in normal riding(one of the reasons i dont like road riding in groups) so that was one less worry and it left me to concentrate on improving myself and without getting dragged into pushing myself to hard..rockingham is also pretty good as they have turn in markers painted on the track you aim for them and you pretty much cant fail to take the right line
Old 11-10-04, 10:25 AM   #4
kinesin

Looks good mate..

1st time I've seen your new rear end as well.. Very nice
Old 11-10-04, 10:36 AM   #5
wigan650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesin
Looks good mate..

1st time I've seen your new rear end as well.. Very nice
police didnt think so last week..or maybe they did like it and thats why they pulled me over to have a chat about it ..mind you the 65 in a 40 propably didnt impress them to much