SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-10-17, 12:29 PM   #1
madyjames

Default Curvy SV650 - Speedo and Revs not registering.

I had a rectifier/regulator issue with my bike a while ago, I forget the details, but essentially everything went pop (not fun at speed on a motorway!). I had to replace the ECU, battery, multiple lights, rectifier etc. The bike is running absolutely fine now except for the clocks.

This is an image of the clock type I have.
http://www.suburban-machinery.com/Image49.gif

The rev dial does not move
The speedo dial does not move
The odometer is stuck on 25k miles
Indicator lights do not flash (on the clocks, the actual indicators do flash)

However, the neutral light still lights up, the total mileage shows up (its an electronic screen) and the bike runs. Would this be an issue with the clocks themselves or the sensor in the wheel?

I am not really sure how to get to the bottom of the problem so any insight of where to start would be really appreciated.
Old 03-11-17, 11:08 AM   #2
madyjames

Default Re: Curvy SV650 - Speedo and Revs not registering.

"You mention that the odometer mileage is still being shown but does it increase when you ride?"

No, the mileage is fixed at about 25k miles, when I ride it doesn't increase.

When you say fuse 5, do you mean the fuses in the fuse box under the seat?
Old 06-11-17, 11:19 AM   #3
mikerj

Default Re: Curvy SV650 - Speedo and Revs not registering.

The indicator warning light not working will most likely be because the bulb has blown. This bulb is driven via a couple of diodes within the clocks, it's just possible but extremely unlikely that both of these have failed open circuit.

The fuse would definitely be the first port of call for the clocks not working. If that's ok and you are getting power to the clocks with the ignition on (red wire in connector) then it's a fault within the clocks themselves.
mikerj is offline   Reply With Quote