SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-10-17, 07:45 PM   #1
Decade

Default Sports Tuck Roll Seat Feedback

So I caved in & paid Suzuki £175 for the official accessory seat.
Now I've been riding on it for a month or so I can give some feedback.

It's definitely more comfortable than the stock seat. Around the 1.5 hour mark on the stock seat, it started to get uncomfortable. The new seat doesn't. I haven't pushed too much further than 2 hours, so I'll report back if I do a really long journey.

To be honest, it feels like a typical stock seat should do - more like I've paid to get an averagely comfortable seat rather than a particularly comfortable one. Still, the SV itself was cheap enough that I'm not too bothered.

TLDR: Better than the stock, good enough for me, nothing amazing.
Old 30-10-17, 07:57 PM   #2
Decade

Default Re: Sports Tuck Roll Seat Feedback

I'm hesitant to make any sweeping recommendations because I realise how subjective it can be (not to mention, we all have different ergonomics).
Even the stock seat started hurting later than the seat on my CB125F. That was more padded but I think the suspension just didn't compare to the new SV.
If I tour in future, which is quite likely next year, I probably still will limit myself to 2 hours stints. I can't see the point of rushing touring, seems to defeat the point of enjoying it.
Old 31-10-17, 12:57 PM   #3
Fen Tiger

Default Re: Sports Tuck Roll Seat Feedback

I think that is the most important point. If I am on an involving road and moving about more I have no problem with the seat (stock SV650SL2) but on dual carriageways it doesn't take long for it to get uncomfortable. I don't find this too different on the SV than any other bike, infact a bit better than some as I am leaning forward more. Another good reason to plan routes away from the motorway.
Fen Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote