SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 08-12-11, 11:51 AM   #401
plowsie

Default Re: Photo Comp - Chat Thread

Old 08-12-11, 11:40 PM   #402
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
We have ways of making you into a Northerner :0)
noooooooooooooooooooo, i'm quite happy being a 'southern fairy' thanks!!!

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 02:10 AM   #403
BanannaMan

20.....Not bad for a yank.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 10-12-11 at 02:19 AM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11, 10:55 AM   #404
Brettus

(grumpy old git rant, nothing personal to anyone)
Why is it that we have spent years crying out for decent phones on cameras, complaining about low light performance, shutter lag etc, we finally get some decent cameras (to rival some point and shoots I might add) in an iphone and such and the most popular app is bloody instagram and its ilk that make photos look "retro" (aka ****e!)

Is it just that cameras are now showing up that most of us aren't very good at taking pictures? I hope its just like the photoshop implementation of sepia effect, everything for 6-12 months was done in sepia because it was new and people thought it was interesting but thankfully that has faded into its rightful place, used just from time to time when the situation warrants it.

Again, just to re-iterate its nothing personal to anyone that uses it, it just baffles me when 9 out of 10 pictures I see have been made worse by an app to "stylize" it for no real purpose.

/me goes and puts the soapbox away till next year.
(incidentally does anyone remember IRC where that command originated?)
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11, 11:11 AM   #405
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettus View Post
Why is it that we have spent years crying out for decent phones on cameras, complaining about low light performance, shutter lag etc, we finally get some decent cameras (to rival some point and shoots I might add) in an iphone and such and the most popular app is bloody instagram and its ilk that make photos look "retro" (aka ****e!)

Is it just that cameras are now showing up that most of us aren't very good at taking pictures? I hope its just like the photoshop implementation of sepia effect, everything for 6-12 months was done in sepia because it was new and people thought it was interesting but thankfully that has faded into its rightful place, used just from time to time when the situation warrants it.

Again, just to re-iterate its nothing personal to anyone that uses it, it just baffles me when 9 out of 10 pictures I see have been made worse by an app to "stylize" it for no real purpose.

Why you gotta be that guy Brettus...Mine was standard off a Samsung Galaxy S2...Jeeze, what is peoples problem on here lately

It's a new thing for people, it does look cool sometimes, I just dislike it when people upload to FB or Twitter every single photo using it...
Old 16-12-11, 11:46 AM   #406
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettus View Post

I'm sorry Brettus, I know not of these words you speak, but from what I gather you are referring to a posh camera as in a picture takey device. On a phone. As in a talky talky listen listen device. Together. In one device? Well I never, how utterly absurd a notion, I fear I shall keep my devices quite separate thankyou!

Old 16-12-11, 12:26 PM   #407
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
I'm sorry Brettus, I know not of these words you speak, but from what I gather you are referring to a posh camera as in a picture takey device. On a phone. As in a talky talky listen listen device. Together. In one device? Well I never, how utterly absurd a notion, I fear I shall keep my devices quite separate thankyou!

hahaha

Good one MYC

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11, 11:37 PM   #408
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post

By 2012 the North should start getting their deliveries of this 'new' technology. The only problem is finding a 3 pin plug socket to charge the batteries. Do you have mains electric yet?

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-11, 10:21 AM   #409
Brettus

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
Why you gotta be that guy Brettus..
yup very true, I am sorry for being that guy, it was a selfish rant and not even meant at anyone really, just every picture I seem to see recently is in that style.

I'm also turning into a grumpy old man, idiots with fog lights on 90% of the time do my head in also, fog wits ive named them, and main beam morons, the people that don't know or give a care to other road users, anyway I digress.

No offence meant to anyone and I really like the steak picture for the record!

On another note, I wish I could get some inspiration to out an entry in too!
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-11, 11:14 AM   #410
Geodude
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanannaMan View Post
Nice, is that the dragons tail Bill or is it known as the tail of the dragon? Wouldn't mind trying that one day as it must be nice not to have to dodge sheep, potholes and loose chippings

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Last edited by Geodude; 24-12-11 at 11:17 AM. Reason: learn to spell
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote