SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-12-16, 04:11 PM   #1
aesmith

Default Meta 357v2 Installation (deinstallation) instructions?

Hi,

I had a bit of a scare when I thought I'd lost the fob for the alarm, Meta 357V2. So I'm going to remove it before it lets me down for real.

Does anyone have an installation diagram? I can find the user instruction, but not installation. I guess otherwise it's a matter of detective work trying to reconnect the wiring in accordance with the Suzuki circuit diagram, but I'd rather see a schematic with the alarm in place if one's available.

Or any other suggestions welcome of course.

Thanks,

Tony S
aesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-16, 04:12 PM   #2
aesmith

Default Re: Meta 357v2 Installation (deinstallation) instructions?

Forgot to say, SV650S K6 "Pointy"
Old 14-12-16, 04:26 PM   #3
Seeker
Mega Poster

someone else has trodden your path:

https://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=214052

unfortunately, they don't mention an SV in their thread but there is a link to installation on a Triumph which may help to identify which wire does what...

There's a few youtube videos too but none I found for SV.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-16, 06:24 PM   #4
Bibio
Mega Poster

my advice for whats its worth. dont burger with the loom and just get another one.

there are no 'universal' wiring diagrams for alarm installation as each fitter has their own way of doing things. could you imagine if there were universal wiring diagrams... bike thief's would have a field day.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-16, 06:35 PM   #5
aesmith

Cheers. Do you mean another alarm, or another loom? I assume you mean the latter, but that sounds a bit job, is it really more work to reinstate the wiring after removing the alarm?
Old 14-12-16, 06:45 PM   #6
Bibio
Mega Poster

removing an alarm is more of a nightmare than just swapping out for another loom.

i know my way around bike electrics and its what i would do. besides it will give you a chance to contact grease all the connectors while you are there.

if the alarm has been fitted properly most of the wiring will be into the main loom, if its been an amateur then it will be connected via the easiest way which is usually via 'bare wire' tapping.

best to see where most of the wiring from the alarm is going to first. find the alarm unit and trace the wiring back onto the loom.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-16, 09:50 PM   #7
Vik_93

The Meta M357 TV2 alarm has i think 12 black wires that if you follow them down, connect into the main loom of the bike. Its a simple case of cutting the alarm wiring out of the bike and rejoining the original wires back together. However if your not very confident at doing it, i would get a garage to do it for you. The actual alarm itself will also start beeping if the wiring is tampered with im sure...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-17, 10:01 AM   #8
aesmith

I parked this for a while but now it's back on the agenda big time. Alarm is stone dead with no response, no sounds, no flashing LED. Reading around it seems the Meta 357Tv2 has an internal non-replaceable, non-rechargeable battery with around a 10 year life. When that battery dies the alarm is history. My alarm was installed on November 2006.

Will start trying to track down the wiring this evening.
Old 08-03-17, 08:20 PM   #9
aesmith

Can't access the loom at the moment since I can't get the left hand side panel off. So I'm having a to see if the wires can be rejoined at the alarm end. With the alarm disconnected of course.

The starter cutout is easy enough, it's the two wires on the small two pole connector.

I'm struggling to work out the ECU immobiliser though. I expected to find it interrupting the Orange/White wire that feeds all these things, but buzzing through I can't find a pole on the alarm connector that corresponds - six of them connect to positive when the ignition switch is on, but they stay connected when the kill switch is moved to Off.

Any ideas where else it would cut the ECU and/or fuel injection? Maybe on the negative side of something? When it was working I got a brief buzz when the immobiliser was disarmed, suggesting that the fuel pump was off until then.
Old 09-03-17, 06:25 PM   #10
aesmith

Finally done it, just need a few tie wraps to secure the re-wrapped loom, and to refit the bodywork. In the end I had to trace every wire, because the colours that the alarm cables were spliced into didn't correspond with the diagram or each other. However tracing them all gives the following functions at the alarm connector. Pins numbered left to right on each row, facing the connector not the cables ..
1) n/c
2) Run signal (12V when ignition and kill switch on) (looped to pin 8)
3) n/c
4) Signal to ECU (looped to 8
5) Indicator
6) Indicator
7) Ground (looped to 15)
8) as 2
9) n/c
10) as 4
11) n/c
12) n/c
13) n/c
14) Switched live (on with ignition irrespective of kill switch)
15) LED and ground
16) LED live
17) Indicator negative
18) Permanent live via fuse

I had to unravel an amazing amount of loom to track all those down, but since the colours didn't match each other or the diagram I effectively had to eliminate every other pin, then connect to the only one remaining.

Effectively to bypass the immobiliser I could have just jumped pins 2 and 4 on the connector