SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-03-13, 10:28 AM   #1
F4LL3N

Default Garmin Zumo 550 Maps Issue - Mapsource

Hi All,

Yesterday I decided to update my 5 year old Europe maps on my Garmin. After much playing around I finally got them installed onto an SD card and recognised on my sat nav. The problem is I can't get them into map source. If I try to transfer the files from the device to map source it gives me the following error:

Some maps could not be opened because the following mapsource products are not installed: City Navigator Europe NT 2013.4.

I purchased the lifetime update and the Garmin Express application downloaded these onto my SD card and there was no option to put into map source or the computer. If I open up Garmin Express it just tells me everything is up to date and I can't seem to re download the file.

Anyone got any tips?
Old 17-03-13, 11:56 AM   #2
TEC

Default Re: Garmin Zumo 550 Maps Issue - Mapsource

Although your device has a life time updates mapsourse doesn't and the only way it'll work is to buy the updated maps and install them on the PC
Old 17-03-13, 12:02 PM   #3
F4LL3N

I have even tried using basecamp and trying to view the maps from the device and that doesn't work either (says limited - no map printing). It is a total rip off to expect people to pay for the maps twice so that they can practically be used on the one sat nav device. I only updated the maps so that I could create some routes for my trip in the summer, without being able to use mapsource (or even basecamp) then its pointless. I think I will call them tomorrow.
Old 17-03-13, 12:37 PM   #4
Tomor
Mega Poster

You tried TYRE?
Old 17-03-13, 01:07 PM   #5
F4LL3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomor View Post
You tried TYRE?
I've heard of tyre and downloaded it but haven't actually tried using it yet. I guess that will be my other option
Old 17-03-13, 10:17 PM   #6
embee
Mega Poster

You should be able to find the answer to most questions on the Zumo Forum . I know the new maps cause issues with the 550 due to limited memory, not sure about Mapsource.