SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-12-04, 06:50 PM   #1
lurcher

Default loss adjusters

hi,i had a enduro bike stolen awhile ago and the insurance people are saying that a03 model is 02 model because it was registered in dec 02 are they right as dirt bikes are aged by the model year,are they trying it onwith me to lower my claim,as i could have bought a 05 ktm in august only to be told it is ayear old before you ride it inthe event of aclaim.
Old 09-12-04, 06:56 PM   #2
Flamin_Squirrel

I hate to sound like an anal git, but please, cognative sentances would make it so much easier to understand what the hell it is you're asking
Old 09-12-04, 07:16 PM   #3
coombest

Default Re: loss adjusters

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurcher
hi,i had a enduro bike stolen awhile ago and the insurance people are saying that a03 model is 02 model because it was registered in dec 02 are they right as dirt bikes are aged by the model year,are they trying it onwith me to lower my claim,as i could have bought a 05 ktm in august only to be told it is ayear old before you ride it inthe event of aclaim.
I would think that they would have a hard job of arguing with the V5 registration document or tha manufacturer (if they are asked the model number when cross-referenced against the frame number).
They are correct in saying that it is an '02 bike but it is an '03 model... If they fail to understand this with your explanation, send them your V5 or explain it as the fact thet the '03 model suffix is just that - a model suffix. It is basically the same thing as a Ford Mondeo LX which is worth less than a Ghia. OK, an '03 bike registered in '02 will not be worth as much as a similar condition '03 bike registered in '03 but it will still be worth more than an '02 bike registered in '02!!

Fight for what you are entitled to!!
Old 09-12-04, 07:19 PM   #4
Dicky Ticker

Default As per

Unfortunately this may be true as the type approval will be for the year of manufacture not the year of reg viz a viz That is why a lot of dealers will shift stock at good discounts Surely the guy on the site ???? who deals will put you straight on this one
Old 09-12-04, 07:20 PM   #5
coombest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel
I hate to sound like an anal git, but please, cognative sentances would make it so much easier to understand what the hell it is you're asking
Woah! Chill there fella!!

I don't think it's that bad!

Also, in the spirit of being anal, it's cognitive and sentences!!

Old 09-12-04, 07:23 PM   #6
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by coombest
Quote:

Excellent put down.
Old 09-12-04, 07:32 PM   #7
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by coombest
Quote:

Whoops (stupid typos)

You knew what I ment though!

Seriously though, it took me 4 reads before I worked out what he was saying
Old 09-12-04, 08:23 PM   #8
Ed

I understood it perfectly, I used to read undergraduate essays. But I don't know the answer
Old 09-12-04, 09:19 PM   #9
embee
Mega Poster

Remember "loss adjusters" work for the insurance co.s and therefore try to get the claim down.

You need to speak to a "loss assessor", who works for you and will try to get you the best deal.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote