SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-05-19, 08:26 PM   #11
pharris79

Default Re: F1 fault

Thanks all! Just been on a mega blast over the Cotswolds and progress! It flickered and flirted with displaying 6th and then boom it started to display all perfectly and didn’t miss a beat!

Problem now is clearing the error code? (Providing that was the only error) so any idea how to do that? I tried restarting and all that lot? Still displays engine management light and F1 code.......

These bikes are such fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pharris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-19, 07:00 AM   #12
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: F1 fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharris79 View Post
Problem now is clearing the error code? (Providing that was the only error) so any idea how to do that? I tried restarting and all that lot? Still displays engine management light and F1 code
I can only quote from the service manual:

... the ECM turns the MIL (malfunction indicator lamp) off when detecting 3 D/C correct (D/C = driving cycles) continuously after detecting the first abnormality.

A driving cycle is defined as ignition on, starting the engine and then turning the ignition off. (it is not clear in the manual if it means that the engine has to reach temperature, it implies that it isn't necessary)

The ECM will retain the fault code for 40 warm up cycles (coolant reaching more that 71°C and rises more than 22.5°C from the temp at engine start).

The MIL won't clear if it thinks the fault is still there and without reading the code(s) you can't be sure if you only had the one issue.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote