SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SELKENT A forum for the folks down in Kent and SE London.

View Poll Results: When do we have our meets?
Start weekly tuesday 10th, weds 18th, tuesday 24th etc 2 50.00%
Start weekly tuesday 17th, weds 25th, tues 31st etc 0 0%
Start weekly weds 18th, tues 24th, weds 1st 2 50.00%
Dont care I can go to both tues and weds 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-05, 10:03 PM   #1
lynw

Default Enough!!! Lets make THIS the definitive, final poll....

Right... the majority want wednesday meets [13-9] and are happy with weekly alternate weds/tues meets.... we got that sorted.

The majority want to stay at the same pub [8-5 last time I looked]

Now my understanding is one person couldnt make next tuesday so the 17th was put up in Si's poll. But this has now caused endless confusion, problems for some who run their life around the planned meets and Dans poll clearly shows no-one knows whats happening.

Im fed up with all of this as Im sure everyone else is. So Im doing this poll and will go with the majority decision here.

Bear in mind if youre a busy person, sometimes youve got to make sacrifices which means you wont be able to make some of the meets. Weve tried to find the best accomodation round this but given the current proposed date and confusion reigning this needs to be sorted once and for all.

So Ive posted this to try and make this the definitive and final poll to this.

Whatever is the majority decision I think should be stuck to.

The dates are based round what the next wednesday meet wouldve been.

Old 08-05-05, 10:47 PM   #2
Viney
Mega Poster

What about thursdays?
Old 08-05-05, 11:30 PM   #3
Muttley

Where's the option for I Can't Make Either?

I don't see why people can't just post up a "Hey want to meet up at the Riverhead on Monday (or Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun) night?" post at the beginning of the week and just take pot luck as to who turns up, eventually if another night proves to be popular then a regular event will just evolve rather than be created.

Keep the biweekly wednesday meet and just have as and when meets on the other nights, there will always be people than prefer one night to another, you can't please all the people all the time.

For me if the biweekly meets where brought forward a week I could make more of them, but as they are I can very rarely make any and the ones I could go to (1 a month) I tend to be doing something else anyway.

Just my opinion.

Old 08-05-05, 11:39 PM   #4
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttley

Keep the biweekly wednesday meet and just have as and when meets on the other nights, there will always be people than prefer one night to another, you can't please all the people all the time.
to my understanding basically that's what was agreed, then changed anyway.

I to have other things to do and won't make any Tuesday, however if the Wednesday meets are now moved round then it will take a couple of week to sort out other commitments I've made for the next two free wednesday nights.

I thought the status quo would prevail so didn't think to cancel them, still at least I've got next wednesday and the one a fortnight after free now.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 08-05-05, 11:42 PM   #5
hall13uk

i am confused & i dont even go to the selkent meet. which leads to
can i come along to the selkent meet . when u sort out which day it will on, i find it more fun riding around sevenoaks than all other places local to me. love the road next to the big deer park bit dodgy if you go mad but fine if u go careful.

Old 09-05-05, 09:09 AM   #6
sexysi

I'll be there tonight, that's what Kate said, wasn't it

or we can meet in Kent somewhere, anywhere on Sunday.
I still think once every four years on the 29th February was the best option
I'll be there next Wednesday as long as no-one else will be there
Hall13uk your confused, I 've forgotten where Kent is and I LIVE IN IT
sexysi

Closed Thread