SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-11-06, 08:06 PM   #1
gettin2dizzy

Default Cruisers

Has anyone here got one (i'm ready to be slapped down here ) Sitting on the Harley night(whatever) and triumph rocket i could be converted i hope i'm not the only one
Old 21-11-06, 09:13 PM   #2
BILLY

I rode a Yamaha Dragstar Nice and comfy but the foot plates touch down on every bend I came to not for me hated it and there no good for filtering!!!
Old 21-11-06, 09:20 PM   #3
Sudoxe

I had a honda shadow 125 That wasn't bad...

I have ridden a work friends Motgoguzzi California EV. Huge beast of a thing, ok for cruising but shakes its head every time you blip the throttle.

I see a Harley this morning and the rider was riding it properly. When I caught up I even said to him nice riding. However, it was an 06 plate and the bloke was in full leathers and full face lid. My moneys on the bike shop doing a PDI or some work.

To be honest, I do have a secret desire for something like that, perhaps in the future as a toy?

Dan
Old 21-11-06, 09:25 PM   #4
Cronos

Right back in your boxes everyone!
Old 21-11-06, 09:29 PM   #5
Beenz

I guess they look OK if you like that sort of thing, I'd suggest getting a test ride though first and see hgow you get on.

I've nothing against Harleys, they are good for what they are, comfy easy going straight line bikes. Speed and handling is not what they are about. The old ones used to have poo front brakes IIRC, duno if thats still the case.

Although I must say they that although cruisers are not my cup of tea, everyone to there own.
Old 21-11-06, 09:33 PM   #6
Demonz

Never really been into the classic cruiser bikes. The night rod is a cool looking bike though. But I would opt for the new XR1200 below - it seems a little more sporty than the average harley - it needs a black set of pipes though. An urbocool machine.

Old 22-11-06, 12:45 PM   #7
Jools'SV Now

My first bike was a Yamaha Dragstar 650. (MISTAKE)

It went ok but the seat got uncomfy after a while cos all the shocks go right up yer spine cos all your weight is on your bum. Arms ache after a while too - up in the air.

Anything above 50mph you become a windsock/sail, hence most have an aftermarket screen fitted.

Cornering needs some notice - start turning about 150 yds before you need to and lift up your heels or you'll wear out your boots real quick.

Filtering is a 'mare.

Nice for a pootle around and looking shiny but that's about it.
Old 22-11-06, 12:58 PM   #8
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Have a mate with a Kwak Vulcan 1500 (not sure of year, but older) - didnt realise it was a v-twin tho (until I just did some research.

Have to get him to give me a go before its off to be triked - he's been waiting 10 years or so to get it done, since he had his accident and lost the use of his right arm.

Always thought that I would end up with a cruiser - didn't really fancy a sports bike, wasn't interested in the speed thing..... then I got my SV
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-06, 01:00 PM   #9
Grinch

I rode a Virago once.. ugh! talk about turning circle... could have turned a artic round easier...
Old 22-11-06, 01:58 PM   #10
gettin2dizzy

i strangely like these it looks so much better in the flesh....but then one glance at this changes my mind again if only i had the cash. Sitting on the rocket feels great! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlguW...elated&search= thats some serious serious torque!