SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2008 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2008 SV650.org's annual rideout.

Old 19-12-07, 10:09 PM   #11
Stig

Default Re: Is it an anybody turn up event?

It's as slow as the slowest rider on the day. If that turns out to be, then so be it. Getting round in record time is not the object.
Old 19-12-07, 10:44 PM   #12
BILLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
Ahhh Stewie and his famous pucks!! What a guy!!

He could have made a fortune by sellin them!!
Yep they stopped many a bike from falling over
Old 19-12-07, 10:48 PM   #13
BILLY

This years was a wet one though!! But what a weekend to remember
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNnYVXe2lqo Pinched from Northwinds post in the AR07 thread
Old 20-12-07, 12:32 AM   #14
monkey

Oi Graeme you've met me numb nuts! Albeit only for about 3 minutes. You can jump in with our crowd on the way if you like. My lady friend is hopefully coming too but not on the rideout. She'll only go on the back of very slow wide as Europe tractors so far.

I'm dressing my bike up as an SV so I don't get dissed for not having one. Do you think anyone will notice?
Old 20-12-07, 12:13 PM   #15
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
Ahhh Stewie and his famous pucks!! What a guy!!

He could have made a fortune by sellin them!!
Yeah that stewie , he,s a good bloke , Ive still got a load of pucks in the boot of me car, even to this day, do you think I should knock some more up ?
Old 20-12-07, 12:20 PM   #16
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
I have not been before, and I have not been on many general get together's via the .org. So is it an anyone turn up and get made to feel welcome/join in type event this? or is more of, if you don't really know anyone before hand then you may feel quite awkward type thing.

Maybe a stupid question I know but the thought of a camping trip with a crap load of rumbling sv's in convoy is pretty damn appealing.
At the AR07 it was my first meeting with anybody from the ORG. my bike was off the road so went in the car, I can honestly say I was a bit nervous about meeting a whole load of new people especially as I had turned in a car , but what a weekend, great company, crap weather and a brill atmosphere and this time I may even bring a bike !
Old 20-12-07, 12:20 PM   #17
plowsie

Lol i knew no-one from here only Paws and she was a lightweight and didnt turn up so i was on me bill. I rode in with the ard lot, we all went over to Rivvy and did a nice route before gettin there lol. Met a loada new people and made some well good mates.

Basically, turn up, get ****ed, eat, talk, make friends, get to know the barmaid, go out next day get on ya bike have a nice day riding, get back, get ****ed, eat, get ****ed more, watch northy clang himself in the nuts with swingy things and go sleep. Get home ba nackered, have a think about the weekend you've just had and the people you've met and stick it up there with the best weekend you had in your life. Running your foot over and gettin stick is always a good one too but not recomended
Old 20-12-07, 03:03 PM   #18
Gordon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
i think you will find, that there ar'nt that many SV's
At least one less yellow bike this year so won't be needing my sunglasses. Oh wait! You never turned up last year...
If I hadn't seen photos of you I'd begin to wonder if you actually existed at all.....

Back on topic, my first time last year and it was a blast.

At least I won't have to cook this year.

Remember to bring a mug and get as close to Richies tent, sorry tardis, as possible. This man has EVERYTHING you'll ever need to blag in the event of an emergency or otherwise.....
Old 20-12-07, 03:06 PM   #19
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaxx View Post

Remember to bring a mug and get as close to Richies tent, sorry tardis, as possible. This man has EVERYTHING you'll ever need to blag in the event of an emergency or otherwise.....
I'd expect nothing else. It's his job afterall.
Old 20-12-07, 07:28 PM   #20
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaxx View Post
At least one less yellow bike this year so won't be needing my sunglasses. Oh wait! You never turned up last year...
If I hadn't seen photos of you I'd begin to wonder if you actually existed at all.....

Back on topic, my first time last year and it was a blast.

At least I won't have to cook this year.

You'll have to get in quick... my caravan's going next door