SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 20-07-07, 08:35 AM   #1
Tim in Belgium

Default Recommend me a garage in the Teesside area for 15k service (inc valve clearances).

Can anyone recommend me decent garages in the Teesside area for my 15k service, and preferably one that can offer me a courtesy bike.

So far I've only heard of Tilstons in Stockton, are there any others? Doesn't have to be a suzuki dealership, as the bikes quite old, but would like somewhere that's good and a modicum of SV knowledge.

Cheers,

Tim
Old 20-07-07, 05:42 PM   #2
lurcher

Default Re: Recommend me a garage in the Teesside area for 15k service (inc valve clearances).

tim,i use gbs bikes on the bon lea indust.est,seviced my bike (11000)and fitted brake lines £130,very good service,ted the owner is a great bloke,and has helped me out at very short notice when hes been stowed out with work,01642 615060,he may be able to help with a loan bike not sure thou
Old 22-07-07, 07:07 PM   #3
rob13

Default Re: Recommend me a garage in the Teesside area for 15k service (inc valve clearances).

Lurcher how much was your 11k service? Mine is due the 4 year service this year (is it the big one?) so might get the valve clearances done and get it tuned.
Old 25-07-07, 06:51 PM   #4
lurcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
Lurcher how much was your 11k service? Mine is due the 4 year service this year (is it the big one?) so might get the valve clearances done and get it tuned.
rob,sorry for the late reply ive been away,i paid £130 for the service and to fit braided lines always great service
Old 25-07-07, 08:38 PM   #5
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

sounds like a pretty good price that, I wonder how much for a full engine strip down and rebuild.........................(think of the money I'll save to spend it on Booze!!)
Old 25-07-07, 08:43 PM   #6
amarko5

I recommend RICHWRC63IE's Garage
Old 25-07-07, 09:01 PM   #7
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

if you got a mate who's in the know i'd get em to do it. save yourself some money. Im indoors has done mine on both machines. didn't cost me owt. Or have a word with the above!!Valves and shims are a pain though

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-07, 09:35 PM   #8
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarko5 View Post
I recommend RICHWRC63IE's Garage

Cheers,
the rates are £40 an hour plus all the Drinks we can down in that time...
all spare's and liquids are to be supplied by owner of bike ...

Are well might be just a distant dream then...?
Old 27-07-07, 11:18 AM   #9
Tim in Belgium

In the end I went to Geoff Towers in Guisborough, a small outfit (literally one man and his dog) but apparently he's been doing it for ages. He asked what I wanted doing, what I'd be prepared to do myself if he found anything and when things had been changed last. So new oil & filter, spark plugs, air filter, valve clearance check, chain adjust, carb balance, rear calliper clean and general fettle came to £130, not bad I think. So worth knowing about for general services.

The bike is running much smoother now and pulling from lower down in the rev range. Nice.

Last edited by Tim in Belgium; 27-07-07 at 11:28 AM.