SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-03-12, 05:40 PM   #1
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Warning: Does contain Boobies.

See, Boobies

Do we have a U-Rating on this site or not?

From this thread, posted by a Mod, it appears not.

Is it something that can be disclaimed away whenever it is convenient?

To be honest, I watched it specifically and I didn't catch the bad language, so its not that I am offended by this, or have an issue with the OP.

We have a bad language filter on this site to stop us using these words - and yes, most people have, myself included, swapped letters around etc to dodge these, but the restriction is still there.

If I had posted an image taken of page 3 of The Sun with the same title as this thread, would the image have stayed on site?

I'm not looking to start a debate as to whether the U-Rating should stay or go, I am just looking for some consistency and a guide to what is considered U-Rated on this site.

Some Youtube video's have good content, yet bad language, so do we need a "sweary sub-forum" that has a standing "External Links May Consider Language That May Offend" notice on it, just as Idle Banter has the U-Rating? Still have the swear filter in place, still police postings in there where the content is Abusive to other forum members, but somewhere that people can choose to not go?

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-12, 05:47 PM   #2
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: Warning: May contain Boobies

The thread you mention concerns me more for the latent racism than the swearing, come on folks, we have American Org members who we are all very fond of! Do we need to be insulting their nation?

Oh by the way, my Radio name is Sister Sweary... I shall leave you to ponder where I fall on the language spectrum!

PS. I liked your boobies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.

Last edited by Jayneflakes; 30-03-12 at 01:28 AM. Reason: swearing like a sailor on a cold night!
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-12, 05:58 PM   #3
Bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post

Some Youtube video's have good content, yet bad language, so do we need a "sweary sub-forum" that has a standing "External Links May Consider Language That May Offend" notice on it, just as Idle Banter has the U-Rating? Still have the swear filter in place, still police postings in there where the content is Abusive to other forum members, but somewhere that people can choose to not go?
Imo yes would be a good idea, then people could have a place for posting real world stuff. Ps, are they man boobies?
Old 29-03-12, 06:07 PM   #4
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefish View Post
Ps, are they man boobies?
Nawww they Blue-footed Boobies
Old 29-03-12, 06:09 PM   #5
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyburd View Post
Nawww they Blue-footed Boobies
That would be your man at the moment then.....
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-12, 06:11 PM   #6
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
That would be your man at the moment then.....
Old 29-03-12, 06:15 PM   #7
Specialone

Well ill hand in my mod resignation in the morning ffs.

If ANYONE is offended by that video i posted all i can say, get a fecking life, ive gone past fecking caring atm, with all the crap on this forum recently, i aint sure why i stick around tbh.

Get a hobby or something ffs.

That video was a good one that i considered a good one to share, it had some bad language in but not much, much worse has been shown on here with a warning.
I dont normally post anything with bad language in but it wasnt even in context, so very unimportant imo.

Finally, whatever.
Old 29-03-12, 06:23 PM   #8
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: Warning: Does contain Boobies.

Could someone give me the time line as to when the bad language was, I must have blinked and missed it....
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-12, 06:36 PM   #9
Specialone

Default Re: Warning: Does contain Boobies.

The driver says futha mucker I believe while sat in the seat at one point I think, like I said it was a tiny bit.

I rarely have sound very loud when I'm watching you tube vids so don't always hear any bad language, so that might be the only bit.
Old 29-03-12, 06:47 PM   #10
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
To be honest, I watched it specifically and I didn't catch the bad language, so its not that I am offended by this, or have an issue with the OP.
You DID read this bit didn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Could someone give me the time line as to when the bad language was, I must have blinked and missed it....
Thats just about what I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Well ill hand in my mod resignation in the morning ffs.

If ANYONE is offended by that video i posted all i can say, get a fecking life, ive gone past fecking caring atm, with all the crap on this forum recently, i aint sure why i stick around tbh.

Get a hobby or something ffs.

That video was a good one that i considered a good one to share, it had some bad language in but not much, much worse has been shown on here with a warning.
I dont normally post anything with bad language in but it wasnt even in context, so very unimportant imo.

Finally, whatever.
It wasn't a go at you, it was just the latest of the "this may contain" threads that I had seen, the only relevance to the Mod status is that it could be taken as condoning such posts, and make arguing the case against other, actually offensive posts, difficult.

If I had had a problem, I know Admin's email address, or where to find the "Report Post" button.

I was just trying to raise the question as to whether a site for adults, who live in the real world, speak in real-world terms and watch youtube (and worse) needs a "real-world" sub-forum.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote