SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-08-13, 07:51 AM   #1
flymo
Mega Poster

Default Illegal immigrants from France

So, what incentive does a nation have to prevent illegal immigrants from trying to leave its territory and go somewhere else? Errr none.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-13, 08:44 AM   #2
Spank86

Default Re: Illegal immigrants from France

Of course none. Getting them to leave is the whole point.

What have I missed?
Old 08-08-13, 08:49 AM   #3
Shawthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank86 View Post

What have I missed?
presume it's this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23610466

Non arbores caesa suum mittere nuntius, sed magnum numerum electrons uehementissime incommo.
Shawthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-13, 11:18 AM   #4
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Typical Border Agency... Incompetence to the hilt when it comes to the immigration issues that actually matter, but try and play by their rules and you get ****ed over and experience the same jaw dropping stupidity...

Words cannot express just how uselessly inept and ineffectual the UKBA is, coupled with a media induced frenzy about how immigration is killing the UK, conveniently taking focus away from the massive problems the UK faces that are entirely the fault of it's politicians and some of it's citizens, it makes me despair...

****'s sake, they make the DVLA look like a shining beacon of efficiency, akin to the Japanese railways...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-13, 05:51 PM   #5
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Default Illegal immigrants from France

Err... Had a bit of bother at the port then Wolfboy?
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-13, 07:13 PM   #6
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
Words cannot express just how uselessly inept and ineffectual the UKBA is, coupled with a media induced frenzy about how immigration is killing the UK, conveniently taking focus away from the massive problems the UK faces that are entirely the fault of it's politicians and some of it's citizens, it makes me despair...
also seems like the immigrants are breeding like rabbits when they do get in http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23618487

Rule Britannia
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13, 10:58 AM   #7
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
also seems like the immigrants are breeding like rabbits when they do get in http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23618487

Rule Britannia
In my experience the vast majority of people who go to another country go there to work, and despite what the press will have you believe that is true of those that enter this country legally and are included in those figures. If you look at the conditions experienced by most of our immigrants in their home countries you would do the same in their place.

It is fair to say that many of these people are used to harsher conditions and lower rates of pay than our home workforce, and their work ethic is attractive to employers who in a few cases have taken advantage, but I personally have nothing against anybody who is prepared to work hard and provide for their family, no matter how big it is.

Besides, we need all these foreign workers to come here and pay taxes so that we can afford our home luxuries such as this......
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ger-house.html
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13, 11:01 AM   #8
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
In my experience the vast majority of people who go to another country go there to work, and despite what the press will have you believe that is true of those that enter this country legally and are included in those figures. If you look at the conditions experienced by most of our immigrants in their home countries you would do the same in their place.

It is fair to say that many of these people are used to harsher conditions and lower rates of pay than our home workforce, and their work ethic is attractive to employers who in a few cases have taken advantage, but I personally have nothing against anybody who is prepared to work hard and provide for their family, no matter how big it is.

Besides, we need all these foreign workers to come here and pay taxes so that we can afford our home luxuries such as this......
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ger-house.html
I would agree, what I am against is countries like France doing what they can to funnel immigrants in our direction. Immigration when under some level of control and management is fine, but it can be very damaging when out of proportion.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13, 04:39 PM   #9
Specialone

Despite what the liberals will have you believe, immigration (legal and illegal) is a big problem in this country and shoving our head in the sand and denying there's a problem or claiming its only in the medias heads is not the way to sort it out, they aren't all fleeing persecution you know.

There's a reason why migrants (I choose this word on purpose) choose to leave their countries and travel up to 3k miles to get to Britain and it ain't because of the promise of a job.

Since 1997 it's reported there could be up to 6 million immigrants, legal and illegal, that have come to our shores, any country in the world would struggle to cope with a population explosion of that scale and those are the ones the UKBA think they know about.

Why aren't we just saying enough is enough? What the liberals don't think about is the bigger picture, in 20 years time those 6m could be 20m with childbirth etc, can you see how our country could cope with 80-85 million residents? Nhs, schools, roads etc etc, we just don't have the infrastructure, money or room to cope.

Btw, I don't blame anyone for wanting a better life, I blame our system for allowing it to get this bad.
Old 09-08-13, 05:01 PM   #10
ethariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring;2894453
[URL
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2387188/Parents-seven-children-aged-younger-forced-live-just-bedrooms-council-t-bigger-house.html[/URL]
Minafua in Alness, big surprise there!

Off with a 'chronic back problem' but still manages to pop sprogs out of the other half every year.

Then again, my opinion of anyone from Alness is so low it could limbo under a snake.
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote