SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-03-18, 10:42 PM   #1
discodave

Default Dealer connector

Hi folks, have been trying to locate the dealer mode connector on my 2008 sv650sa.

I've taken off both the main and pillion seats and all the tail platlstics and can't find anything that looks like the 6 pin connector in all the online guides.

The closest thing I can find with a rubber cap (flap style) is a 4 pin connector (pictured). Does anyone know if this could be my dealer connector?

The wierd thing is, I used to have a 6 pin version as I've definitely done the tps adjustment before and remember using it. I suspect it may have been modified after some of the tail section was replaced in repairs.

Some searching online seems to indicate that there was a 4 pin dealer connector for earlier models (pre 2003) although my bike is an 08. It looks identical to the one on this older gsxr --> https://youtu.be/-KyMP6079W4?t=28

Can anyone confirm:
1) Are there any other connectors on the same loom near your dealer plug? (I've got another plug on the same loom with an 8 pin connector and hard plastic"click in" cap)

2) Does anyone by any chance have a similar looking 4 pin connector? this one is in the space between the pillion seat cavity and the front seat cavity. It is on the same loom as the pictured 8 pin connector with yellow face.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by discodave; 19-03-18 at 10:49 PM.
discodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 09:50 AM   #2
sputnik

Default Re: Dealer connector

Pretty sure the one in your first picture is the one you want. There seems to be a few online discussions suggesting that some years have a slightly different connector (or ABS models perhaps?). You want to bridge the two pins that are next to each other on the right hand side of your photo. A snipped section of a paper clip with some tape over the U-bend fits perfectly and has a little bit of spring to it to help keep it in place and has served as my trusty dealer tool for several years.
Old 21-03-18, 07:18 AM   #3
discodave

So folks.
Turns out the ABS models have the dealer connector in a different location.
Thanks to the help of someone on the sv650 forums, Incan confirm it is on the right side of the bike, under the fuel tank.

At least now I know how to take the tail apart!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
discodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 09:17 AM   #4
sputnik

Apologies if I gave you a bum steer there. Should have looked on a proper size screen as I'd thought your picture was the same as this one...
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sv...iiPuJfBcapK-M:

but it's not.