SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 23-12-10, 03:32 PM   #1
JediGoat

Default First off for 5 years :(

I suppose I've done fairly well by the Soho Massive standards to not come off the bike for over 5 years...but typically right at the time I need it least...over I go

Set off very gingerly from my house today, going at no more than 10 mph down the side road, and some **** decided to overshoot the give way line to my left. Being at a pinch point in the road, with a van coming towards me on the other side, and not knowing if the guy pulling out had seen me, I pulled in the front brake, the front of the bike folded away from me, and down I went.

One smashed front indicator, one snapped rear brake pedal, one bent bar end (I managed to bend it back so the throttle would turn), numerous scraps and scratches, and a few bruises on me.

The car driver was very fast to mention that he didn't actually hit me, and the guy behind him pointed out that give way lines are there for a reason (before giving me a hand to lift the bike up - nice fella).

Have decided to use the tube to get to work tonight as I'm not sure how much my hip will hurt later...but I'll have to ride it tomorrow night as there isn't another option for getting home from work on Xmas morning.

I'm rather peeved at the moment
JediGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-10, 03:41 PM   #2
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: First off for 5 years :(

Oh no, bad news, poor you. Hope you aren't too sore later. x
Old 23-12-10, 03:49 PM   #3
zunkus

Glad nothing's broken bro.
Old 23-12-10, 04:45 PM   #4
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediGoat View Post
I suppose I've done fairly well by the Soho Massive standards to not come off the bike for over 5 years...but typically right at the time I need it least...over I go

Set off very gingerly from my house today, going at no more than 10 mph down the side road, and some **** decided to overshoot the give way line to my left. Being at a pinch point in the road, with a van coming towards me on the other side, and not knowing if the guy pulling out had seen me, I pulled in the front brake, the front of the bike folded away from me, and down I went.

One smashed front indicator, one snapped rear brake pedal, one bent bar end (I managed to bend it back so the throttle would turn), numerous scraps and scratches, and a few bruises on me.

The car driver was very fast to mention that he didn't actually hit me, and the guy behind him pointed out that give way lines are there for a reason (before giving me a hand to lift the bike up - nice fella).

Have decided to use the tube to get to work tonight as I'm not sure how much my hip will hurt later...but I'll have to ride it tomorrow night as there isn't another option for getting home from work on Xmas morning.

I'm rather peeved at the moment
Still, he caused the accident by overshooting the lines, therefore he is still at fault. Hope you got the other fellas details.

Gald that you arent too badly injured and the bike can always be gaffer taped and fixed.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-10, 05:14 PM   #5
JediGoat

Nope, didn't get his details, was too busy picking myself up out of the middle of the road as traffic drove around me, and having a randomly-directional yell at him...then he drove off.

Oh well...Viney, your post reminded me to wrap some electrical tape around the exposed wires
Old 23-12-10, 09:22 PM   #6
Cazza

Really sorry to hear this Jo - hope you don't feel too sore and that you manage to get the bike sorted okay. Please be careful with all that ice that's still around too.
Old 23-12-10, 09:42 PM   #7
rictus01
Mega Poster

yeah as others have said, sorry to hear it, still glad it wasn't any worse, hope you don't suffer to much in the morning, if you need a hand ,I could swing a hour or two tomorrow lunchtime or if nopt it'd have to be Tuesday, but just shout if you need it.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-10, 08:17 AM   #8
JediGoat

Thanks for the offer Mark...but I'm on nights at the moment...so lots of daytime zzz's to be grabbed.

I might take you up on the offer next week though (although that depends on how easily I can get the spares at this time of year).

And a thought to ponder...why is there always one mystery bruise after you've had an off? I have no idea what walloped my left calf...but it was harder (or more pointy) than the road
Old 24-12-10, 10:03 AM   #9
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Just seen this Jo. So sorry. I hope all the bruises go soon, specially the mystery bruise!
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-10, 10:23 AM   #10
ethariel

Oh poop, sorry to hear

Reminiscent of my recent off, only the offending car ate my bike then spat ot out again lol!

De-bruise safely
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote