SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-03-08, 09:24 PM   #1
muffles

Default Good price for a CAT1 alarm?

OK so the new bike should be arriving soon and I need to get an alarm fitted.

I spoke to the dealer who will do a Datatool System 4 for ?299 fitted. I had one on the 600 so I'm happy with this particular alarm, but I'm not sure if the price is good or not - I thought that was a pretty standard price but tbh haven't had a chance to look around. I need to tell the dealer tomorrow yes or no...so time to ask the .org and see if I should take that price or not!

Oh btw I'm not really bothered which brand of alarm it is, as long as it's a CAT1...
Old 05-03-08, 09:27 PM   #2
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Good price for a CAT1 alarm?

Whats the bike again?

If it has a thatcham approved immobiliser, just get a cheap noisde maker fitted - like one of those ebay ones

Look at the ZX-6R that went walkies, Alarm , Datatag, 2 disklocks and chained to another bike.

If they want it they will have it - as you know.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 09:39 PM   #3
muffles

It's partly for insurance purposes so I need to get a CAT1 unfortunately, so just want to get the cheapest price. Although getting it through the dealer it'd be less hassle so I'll take that into account when looking at the price...
Old 05-03-08, 10:02 PM   #4
StreetHawk

This place do the Meta Cat 1 alarm for 145 quid but it doesn't say how much fitting is - http://abacuscaralarms.co.uk/store/v...roduct=M357TV2
Old 05-03-08, 11:59 PM   #5
ASM-Forever

I'm sure you probably know this, but some insurance companies won't give the appropriate discount unless the alarm was fitted either as standard or by a dealer/pro.

Personally i think alarms are crap and achieve sweet FA. Oh apart from draining your battery.
Old 06-03-08, 01:52 AM   #6
ThEGr33k

Thats what I paid muffles and I phoned around a bit. Best deal I got on it.
Old 06-03-08, 08:11 AM   #7
Gazza77

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
OK so the new bike should be arriving soon and I need to get an alarm fitted.

I spoke to the dealer who will do a Datatool System 4 for ?299 fitted. I had one on the 600 so I'm happy with this particular alarm, but I'm not sure if the price is good or not - I thought that was a pretty standard price but tbh haven't had a chance to look around. I need to tell the dealer tomorrow yes or no...so time to ask the .org and see if I should take that price or not!

Oh btw I'm not really bothered which brand of alarm it is, as long as it's a CAT1...
I had an S4 system fitted on the Sprint ST when I picked it up, as was required by the insurance. I was charged £200 fitted.

Then Triumph Sprint ST with scottoiler and R&Gs & TOR exhaust

Now Benelli Tornado
Gazza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-08, 08:37 AM   #8
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza77 View Post
I had an S4 system fitted on the Sprint ST when I picked it up, as was required by the insurance. I was charged £200 fitted.
I take it you mean from the dealer, same as I am thinking about doing? Thing is, he did say it's not a better deal because he's already knocked £400 off a brand new bike, and I know this is a good amount to get off.

The £145 sounds good but fitting's the issue as mentioned. Oh and - was going to have to get it fitted by a pro, yep. I know someone else who can do an S4 for 299 or so fitted, I don't know how much the fitting costs on its own though.

I am also getting crash bungs (£50 fitted) so might see if he can throw those in free if I'm getting the alarm as well...
Old 06-03-08, 09:46 AM   #9
Gazza77

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
I take it you mean from the dealer, same as I am thinking about doing? Thing is, he did say it's not a better deal because he's already knocked £400 off a brand new bike, and I know this is a good amount to get off.

The £145 sounds good but fitting's the issue as mentioned. Oh and - was going to have to get it fitted by a pro, yep. I know someone else who can do an S4 for 299 or so fitted, I don't know how much the fitting costs on its own though.

I am also getting crash bungs (£50 fitted) so might see if he can throw those in free if I'm getting the alarm as well...
Yes, at the Honda dealer I bought it from. Also fitted a Scottoiler and R&Gs - paid full price for the Scottoiler and got about 1/3rd off the bungs, no charge for fitting either. Told me that they were a dealer for Datatool and R&G therefore could do stuff at cost, so I was happy enough at that.

Worth asking if nothing else!

Then Triumph Sprint ST with scottoiler and R&Gs & TOR exhaust

Now Benelli Tornado
Gazza77 is offline   Reply With Quote