SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-07-05, 11:01 PM   #1
suzsv650

Default "Not for road use" "competition use only"

right ive got a nice viper with competition use only on the end!

do i remove it ? .. how do i get it removed metal polish and get scrubing????

or do i just leave it and just blag it off with the cops if i ever get pulled ????

ive tryed polishing it but it hasnt realy done much and ive ran out of autoseal or what ever its called lol

thanks
Old 06-07-05, 01:08 AM   #2
Raf

Default Re: "Not for road use" "competition use only&

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsv650
right ive got a nice viper with competition use only on the end!

do i remove it ? .. how do i get it removed metal polish and get scrubing????

or do i just leave it and just blag it off with the cops if i ever get pulled ????

ive tryed polishing it but it hasnt realy done much and ive ran out of autoseal or what ever its called lol

thanks
DO NOT REMOVE IT!

If you remove it instead of getting a 30 pound fine & a request for a MOT, you get points on your license. I can't remember the exact details of it, if it comes under fraud or not. But I do remember that removing it is worse that leaving it on.

Can one of the resident policemen clarify?
Old 06-07-05, 01:48 AM   #3
sprocket

I used the old dremel to gt it off, didn't do a very good job though LOL if you get pulled just say it was something else, theyd have to prove it anyway
Old 06-07-05, 07:36 AM   #4
Jabba

Default Re: "Not for road use" "competition use only&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf
DO NOT REMOVE IT!

If you remove it instead of getting a 30 pound fine & a request for a MOT, you get points on your license. I can't remember the exact details of it, if it comes under fraud or not. But I do remember that removing it is worse that leaving it on.

Can one of the resident policemen clarify?
Not a but I can confirm that your post is B.A.S.A.T. Compliant.

I think it's something to do with "attempting to pervert the course of justice" or summat like that.
Old 06-07-05, 07:37 AM   #5
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket
..... theyd have to prove it anyway
With great respect, that's very silly advice.
Old 06-07-05, 07:42 AM   #6
Flamin_Squirrel

That makes no sense, because a baffled can with no baffle won't have a not for road use mark on it - so what's the difference?
Old 06-07-05, 07:44 AM   #7
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel
That makes no sense, because a baffled can with no baffle won't have a not for road use mark on it - so what's the difference?
Old 06-07-05, 07:52 AM   #8
Flamin_Squirrel

Sorry, badly worded. A can with the removable baffle taken out won't have a 'not for road use' stamp on it, so why is that any different to a race can without a stamp on it?
Old 06-07-05, 08:08 AM   #9
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel
Sorry, badly worded. A can with the removable baffle taken out won't have a 'not for road use' stamp on it, so why is that any different to a race can without a stamp on it?

I see your point, and accept what you say, but what's it got to do with the thread?
Old 06-07-05, 08:40 AM   #10
richwill68

If you remove the wording it can be construed as 'Perverting the course of justice'.

If you do decide to remove the stamp, you'll have to grind it off and work with progressively finer abrasives until the finish is indestiguishable from the other metalwork of the can.

Ride tidy in built up areas and try to keep the noise down at unsociable hours. This will help avoid a tug but by no means makes you immune to the full weight of the law!

Your choice bro'!