SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 30-08-06, 06:39 PM   #1
Kilted Ginger

Default 3 Day Tour

Well finally did it, 3 days and 2 night away on SV with other half. It was great, both throughly enjoyed it. Definately need to get an autocom or similar as cheapo lasted 24 miles before was ripped off and thrown away in rage. (then retreived and put in tank bag)

Left Home Monday lunchtime, leisurely run to st andrews, coffee and toasties outside in brilliant sunshine , up to dundee across bridge (quite blowy) and heading north, Heavens opened for all of 10 mins then cleared up again (bit damp) up to Glamis and did the touristy bit. Up to Kirriemuir and west to Blairgowrie (couldn't see a b&B that looked nice) on to Br of Cally heading for Kirkmichael. Grabbed from behind with wild pointing to hotel at side of road, one heart attack, emergency stop and u turn later booked in to wee hotel . Nice meal and back to room at her insistance. 2 Hours of uninterupted hardcore Celebrity love island final .

Tuesday, great cooked breakfast head west looking for B950 to braemar, arrive in pitlochry shortly after, Fuel up then quick stop at Edradour distillery for a tour and a wee dram (very wee and just the one) Up through Blair Atholl, Dalwhinnie and aviemore to Grantown on spey (all minor roads) Soup and biggest piece of caramel shortcake in the world in ice cream bar on high st. Back down to aviemore so g/f could buy poloneck as she was a bit cold ??? Newtonmore to Laggan (all cloudy but dry so far. Laggan to spean bridge great road but rained lightly at first then heavier and heavier all the way until about 5 miles short of spean br and the roads were dry there, wtf?? another grab and wild pointing at little hotel, no eng stop this time, u turn and booked in to "smiddy hotel" very nice, meal in restaurant "russels" and back to room, came out of bathroom after brushing teeth and met with a vision , so tried to watch a bit tv, nothing on either of the channels.

Wednesday, Even better cooked b'fast, commando monument, fot williwm, glencoe to tyndrum (terrible roadworks, 15 mins at traffic lights ) Down to crainlaich than west to Tarbet, Soup and coke at wee tea room, West to arrocher then wibbly wobbly and military road, balloch and stopped at "outlet place" only 3 shops open \/ then big blast home on A811 to stirling.
Into house and answer machine message that I've got an interview on wednesday. All in all a great 3 days
Old 30-08-06, 07:33 PM   #2
gavhogg

Well done Ginger, sounds like you had a great time!

I must admit I've always fancied taking the g/f for a ride on the SV! Don't think I'd last 3days though!
Old 30-08-06, 07:54 PM   #3
colinbal4

I've always fancied taking the g/f for a ride on the SV too, but the wife won't let me.

Nice one ginger, how much luggage? It is your bike thats got the grabrail replaced with a luggage rack?
Old 30-08-06, 08:37 PM   #4
Kilted Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbal4
I've always fancied taking the g/f for a ride on the SV too, but the wife won't let me.

Nice one ginger, how much luggage? It is your bike thats got the grabrail replaced with a luggage rack?
Yes, put on a renntec sports rack as the tailpack is supposed to sit on the pillion seat and wont fit while Hazel is there

Had the panniers (unextended) and a tankbag, no tailpack, tried to travel as light as possible due to my riding inexperience and also leaves space for a longer trip in the future. I plan to take the sports rack off when I get the seat cowl and only fit as and when I need it. AR07 panniers, tailpack and tent on sports rack Yee ha, already got the permission slip signed.
Old 31-08-06, 09:07 AM   #5
Tiger 55

Not only a fun tour, but the finest use of Emoticons in a post that I have ever seen. Well done Sir.

And if "2 hours of uninterupted hardcore Celebrity Love Island final" is a euphamism, then very well done Sir...